Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

patch notes 3/15 and 3/16

Yesterday and today downloaded a new client and today had a pmk patch too. Where are the patch notes? Even if not much changes, it's nice to be transparent.

And today's was to fix catapulting bridges but they were too embarrassed to note it took 2.5 years to fix.  I mean, I can hope, right?

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

Update failed! (Error: Could not copy graphics.jar to graphics.jar.bak)

Im pretty sure i was online yesterday, but now it seems my whole graphics folder needs an update. And that update is failing miserably. Cant remember seeing any patch notes for this either.

Think im gonna sit out this one and spend my free time on playing something else. Lets cross fingers that the next time ill start up Wurm it'll work. :) 

Edited by Nordlys

38 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

Im pretty sure i was online yesterday, but now it seems my whole graphics folder needs an update. And that update is failing miserably. Cant remember seeing any patch notes for this either.

Think im gonna sit out this one and spend my free time on playing something else. Lets cross fingers that the next time ill start up Wurm it'll work. :) 

This issue has plagued the client for the entire 9 years I've played Wurm.  Sorry you get it too.

10 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

This issue has plagued the client for the entire 9 years I've played Wurm.  Sorry you get it too.

Yea, my prem runs out soon. Was actually gonna log on to renew it, but seems faith has decided else.

3 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

And today's was to fix catapulting bridges but they were too embarrassed to note it took 2.5 years to fix.  I mean, I can hope, right?

[16:08:32] It doesn't sound like the stone shards hit anything.

Nope, apparently not.

7 hours ago, Nordlys said:

that means a copy of wurm is already running, you either have two clients open or an old client didnt close properly, a restart fixes it. 

8 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

[16:08:32] It doesn't sound like the stone shards hit anything.

Nope, apparently not.

Is okay. Nobody can fault you for hoping.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

that means a copy of wurm is already running, you either have two clients open or an old client didnt close properly, a restart fixes it. 

Ah, fantastic. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Kelody said:

3/31 - another update without patch notes.

april fools stuff

Just for the record, graphics updates are not patches.

Usually, graphics updates released alongside game updates, but sometimes we need to tweak, update, or deal with a graphics bug that we don't need to wait until the next update to do so. We don't produce patch notes for art updates as they don't change anything fundamentally. 

Any actual update of the servers will include patch notes as always. 

22 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I want them to be therefore they are. Checkmate

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

We don't produce patch notes for art updates

Does that mean the art changelog doesn't get updated either? How will we be able to figure out what year things were added 20 years from now when we need to settle arguments about which decade something happened in?

https://www.wurmonline.com/2015/10/30/mutant-pumpkins-of-the-apocalypse/

Edited by CreZ

32 minutes ago, CreZ said:

Does that mean the art changelog doesn't get updated either? How will we be able to figure out what year things were added 20 years from now when we need to settle arguments about which decade something happened in?

https://www.wurmonline.com/2015/10/30/mutant-pumpkins-of-the-apocalypse/

Given the age of those posts, yes, it doesn't get updated. 

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Usually, graphics updates released alongside game updates, but sometimes we need to tweak, update, or deal with a graphics bug that we don't need to wait until the next update to do so. We don't produce patch notes for art updates as they don't change anything fundamentally. 

Any actual update of the servers will include patch notes as always. 

A single line, Art only update would increase transparency. It wouldn't be such an issue if there weren't actual client updates/hotfixes that never get documented either.

4 minutes ago, Kelody said:

A single line, Art only update would increase transparency. It wouldn't be such an issue if there weren't actual client updates/hotfixes that never get documented either.

Client updates and hotfixes do get documented.