Sign in to follow this  
Sn00

Holster weapons and shields

Hi!

I think the last little detail needed in order to make third person the best it can be is to give us the ability to holster the weapons we have in hand (or shield / bow / etc)
2h weapons can go on the back, 1 handers on the side and shields can go either on the back or not be able to be holstered at all.

Then we don't have to walk around with our weapons drawn all the time! 

• Like 8

I love the idea for this cosmetic change. As it stands right now I just unequip my weapon/shield when I'm not in danger so it looks nicer in 3rd person.

• Like 1

Now, with 3rd person view, that would be great. Great eye candy for sure, especially when preparing for steam audience.

I rarely use 3rd person but I still love the idea, my swords keep messing up any panoramic screenshots I try to take

15 hours ago, Eyesgood said:

you  mean like this:

Eyesgood Backslot Idea

Not really. That looks good for sure. But a button to holster and then unholster would be optimal, not just equip something in your backslot.

Auto holster when not in combat mode (nothing in target window). Auto unholster when targeting anything.   ?
Suggested many times, through many years :)

Yes please!

• Like 3

On 3/17/2020 at 5:08 PM, Shmeric said:

Auto holster when not in combat mode (nothing in target window). Auto unholster when targeting anything.   ?
Suggested many times, through many years :)

Yes please!

That would work fine too.

• Like 1

+1 It always looks like I'm trying to poke people with my long swords in hand when walking about. lol  Also would be cool if a shield worn on the back added defense to the back.

Maybe as an initial step, simply make them disappear when holstered.

The larger weapons such as spears, helberds will look a bit strange on the back. For 2h weapons I'd rather see something like we had in RS where the person was carrying them on the shoulder:

latest?cb=20180812071342

But making them disappear when holstered would still be ok.

For the smaller weapons, they can be holstered on the side. I think the large maul and two handed sword can also be put there as they are not really that big.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 11:47 PM, Katrat said:

Also would be cool if a shield worn on the back added defense to the back.

I can just see everyone running around with a turtle shell on their backs.  lol

• Like 2

Ideally, this would be a two-mode thing - fight mode and normal mode.  

Make two slots for each hand - a fight slot and a normal slot.  Whatever is in the default slot is equipped when nothing is targeted, but as soon as something is targeted the fighting gear is equipped.  Currently, dual-sword wielders look like alpine hikers doing it wrong.

Showing the the unequipped weapons on the body would be a nice touch, but then so would showing a belt-attached quiver.  Realism in this is already a long way off - the backpack is displayed if equipped but everything in inventory is in magic non-bulging pockets.  Imagine trying to depict a character with 2 anvils, a bucket, a barrel and a few ropes  😆

• Like 1

Have a scabbard/sheathe that fits on belt or back, then sheathe to that. Shield would go to back. Unsure if having backpack gone should be an option, or attach weapons and shield to the pack as an optional sheathe.

Loops for mauls, and etc.

• Like 1

On 04/12/2023 at 20:25, Karrde said:

Have a scabbard/sheathe that fits on belt or back, then sheathe to that. Shield would go to back. Unsure if having backpack gone should be an option, or attach weapons and shield to the pack as an optional sheathe.

Loops for mauls, and etc.

yeee