Sign in to follow this  
Soluna

Update Failed! ~ Resolved

Hello!

I was playing online and suddenly kicked to desktop. When I tried to restart, and each time subsequently, at the conclusion of patch download/update, I've received the following message:

Update failed! (Error: Could not copy graphics.jar to graphics.jar.bak)

I've tried restarting patcher a number of times, and each time is same result so I am not able to enter the game. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day!

Check in your task manager to see if a wurm client is still running, if it is force close it. If you don't see anything try restarting your computer. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Jonny! Running errands this morning, but I'll try those 2 fixes when I get back.

Hope you're having a great day!

Sol

You nailed it, Jonny. Checked task manager and there was a copy running. Did an end task on it and then update completed.

Now that I see the problem, I know I caused it. Yesterday, I had a copy of game running and while in desktop, I accidently started a 2nd copy of the game instead of going back into current session. When I did, it started the patcher and I cancelled the download because I realized that I didn't mean to start 2nd copy of game and didn't want the patch to interfere somehow with the copy I had already running. When I did that, my pc must've bugged up my cancelled version and didn't know what to do with it and it was waiting for me to execute the game again and cause an issue.

Not sure if there is way to stop that from happening to others, but was an easy fix if anyone else has same issue. Thanks again for your help!