Sign in to follow this  
Araxiel

Please change journal entry requirement(destinations unknown)

I hereby Necro this suggestion  and again politely ask to reduce the number of rifts to a more manageable and sane figure.

50 rifts should be more than enough considering there's 4 waves of them. Rifts on average last around 2 hours. 50 x 2 = 100 hours of playtime only to do 1 goal + at least 30 mins (averaged) to travel to and fro. That's 25 more hours into the mix. 50 rifts =125 hours of a person's life for 1 goal.

100 rifts = 250 hours.

Oh and on top of that the worst offender is that a player has to have the luck to be online at the right time, outside of work hours. Either reduce the number of rifts necessary or increase the reward for that journal tier.

Can we please get a sane approach to this stupid goal? Please?

Edited by elentari
  • Like 2

Hi,

I understand getting a skill to 99, or fighting subskill to 70, as it still gives you some degree of freedom to develop your char, and to move around Wurm word freely you need to develop some fighting skills. Even FS 90 seems reasonable as you can eg. use seasonal boosts or grind this hard e.g. at weekends. But closing 100 rifts seems almost impossible, especially for a person who works full time, but even for me, even if I play a lot it is hard to keep up with rifts. I talked to some people and many of them are stuck on this requirement. I managed to do...three, and I got late for all of them. Not to mention that my computer, that has a pretty decent configuration is burning living fire at them. At this rate I will complete this task...in 19 years...I know I could sacrifice all my game play to completing rifts but my char is not a fighter, it is my least concern, and this is the time I pay for and it isn't cheap, so I would prefer to spend most of it to the tasks more fitting my character and bringing me more joy from the game. 

Maybe it would be worth to consider decreasing this value to at least half, or even separate crafter and fighter journals - fighter could get a red master cape and crafter gold one...

If you decide to leave this requirement then maybe at least make them spawn in some vicinity to routed deeds and tell us their location like it is done in the missions? Because many people have more or less problems with spatial orientation, so you follow the beam and you find a mountain or a lake with no roads on it, you have no idea where are you, and you try to find some roads and you get late.

Another option would be to not limit number of rifts but require getting certain amounts of rift points. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 2

Could we please have this issues addressed by the development team please? So many people for so long raised it. 

3 hours ago, Platyna said:

, or even separate crafter and fighter journals - fighter could get a red master cape and crafter gold one...

oooOOOoohhhh....

Personally, I can't se it happening because "no classes" but this would be a good way to allow people to pursue their individual interests without needing character classes as such.

Of course, once we get recognition for exploration, all will be good (seriously, sailing should build body strength, as well as distance walking - riding and driving should build stamina and body control).

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 4:21 AM, TheTrickster said:

oooOOOoohhhh....

Personally, I can't se it happening because "no classes" but this would be a good way to allow people to pursue their individual interests without needing character classes as such.

Of course, once we get recognition for exploration, all will be good (seriously, sailing should build body strength, as well as distance walking - riding and driving should build stamina and body control).

There are classes - crafter and priest, and their both have a separate journals. 

I can honestly say, I'm more burned out by grinding prayer than I ever have been doing rifts.

Note: I live on Xanadu so rifts are a 2--4 hour commute (round trip) for me.

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

There are classes - crafter and priest, and their both have a separate journals. 

"Improve items 100000 times" - so priests can't even complete this journal even if they do 100 rifts unless they cheese it with epic.

• Like 1

Chessing it on Epic is what 99% of the community has been doing since the EPIC<>Freedom transfers were implemeneted.

Remember the personal goal frenzy? How hundreds of alts and players went to epic for various goals? If you have to switch to a server cluster to do goals you'd otherwise wouldn't do it on your own cluster then maybe something is wrong with the design of those goals and 99% of people know it, conciuously or not.

These goals simply are annoying as hell since at least imping 100 000 items implies I can do it in my own time. Rifts always imply I have to conform my free time to Wurm's time, as a good little puppy.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2020 at 2:22 AM, Platyna said:

Could we please have this issues addressed by the development team please? So many people for so long raised it. 

Never going to happen