Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Blowing on food

Because Mom always said if it's too hot, blow on it.   Ever forget your meal in the forge or oven for an hour and now it's taking 4 hours to cooldown?  Blow on it!

Can we have this?

Footnote:

Some have issues understanding a requirement from an implied option, so here goes...

"This suggestion in no way forces the individual to 'blow' on their food as a new requirement for consumption, rather, this is strictly just a new option that would add to the role play feel of wurm and give impatient players a new mechanic when they've accidently let their food warm to the point that which said food would be too hot to otherwise to safely consume edaciously."

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

no

if you want to blow at food.. I'm fine with RP element.. but don't force on people this.. (seems like a perfect 1st april emergency patch content on the other hand..)

currently.. it's annoying enough that you have to heat up food if you want extra nutrition.. but....

if you want it preserved.. you have to wrap it..

if you heat up wrapped food.. the wrapping BURNS/gets removed/, and you have to re-wrap it...INSANITY... it's 2-3 actions... extra + materials.. and extra actions to collect and turn them to what they need to be etc.. it's a insane amount of extra work and micromanagement.. nobody heats up food because of that... it's either dumped in larder and never goes out or it's in a magic chest and never goes out... food in wurm suck at surviving without damage.

if we talk about simple meals/stew/etc.. hot is ok.. or first 1-3 stages? than you can no longer eat from it.. last 1-2 stages of heating could last a while to cool down..(we currently evade any waiting by placing such food/items in a container in unlit forge.. to get "instant" cooling..

I'm sure not every player knows about all this or parts even...

1 more reason to not complicate things further with this...

for RP.. sure, but as mechanic forcing players to do it... ugh... c'mon.. food is crazy enough to make and store, don't add another chore to it😑

On 3/14/2020 at 9:14 PM, Finnn said:

-all that mess-

What are you even saying at this point? There is no chore to being able to blow on your food if you need to cool it. The basis of your argument is it'd NEED to be done, however it's directly suggested to stop us having to wait an age for food to cool down, something that's actually kinda annoying

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Finnn said:

for RP.. sure, but as mechanic forcing players to do it... ugh... c'mon.. food is crazy enough to make and store, don't add another chore to it😑

Ah yes, because the original suggestion totally wanted it to be a required action when prepping food before you eat it. Honestly, do you even read posts or do you skim until you find something that alarms you in the slightest and you then freak out about it?

+1 to this, hasn't happened to me often but the times it has... Definitely annoying haha

Edited by Jore
  • Like 4

Normally you need to wait till it cools down. Optionally you can blow on it.

Edited by Yldrania
Moderation Edit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wilczan said:

Normally you need to wait till it cools down. Optionally you can blow on it.

Wilczan gets it.

Personally, I like the idea. Don't think it will be implemented though.

bruh its literally blowing on food how is there an argument and giant walls of text about it

finnn go outside you need some fresh air

• Like 6

I was 99% Finn was a troll now I think I'm 100% probably having a good laugh while writing a novel against blowing on food in a video game.

+1 cool idea.

• Like 1

+1

Edited by Yldrania
Moderation Edit

Anyone trolling this thread and/or each other, please keep it down and the thread on topic. This is a valid suggestion and no one needs to be insulted over another person's opinion on it, neither does anyone need to be insulting when sharing their own.

The OP has clearly stated in his suggestion that this is meant as an optional feature that does not interfere with anyone's regular routines at all but rather enables people to eat food if it's still too hot to eat. We have a thing in the game that's "too hot to eat" so why not make it possible to blow on it until it has an edible  temperature. This latter paragraph, obviously, is my opinion on the suggestion.

If the option to open a context menu/perform a keybind on is too intrusive somehow, why not allow us to eat hot/boiling food with in increased timer instead and some altered output in the event window. ("You start to eat the X, but it's too hot so you have to blow on it before each bite.")

That's a lot more streamlined than an additional action new players may not immediately know about, and closer to how you realistially eat hot food anyway. You don't blow at every end of your steak until the whole thing is cooler, but on each bite individually.

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 4

I was a bit against this as I thought it would be rather campy and not that practical when you can just put it in a cold forge (wrap and larder seems to work pretty well too I think), but Flubb's idea actually seems like a greatway to do it if something is to be done at all. Also it isn't *that* hard to avoid overheating your food or just be patient enough for the short time it takes to cool.