Sign in to follow this  
Zera

Game won't start... Anything

Spoiler

Unexpected crash while setting up login The error was: <null>

It's possible you might figure out what's wrong from the log file below, but if you can't, post the full log on the wurm unlimited forums, and someone else might be able to help you.

Contents of temporary launch log:
java.library.path: Z:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\nativelibs
Time is Sat Mar 14 11:42:38 EDT 2020
Running client version 

=== System information ===
Executing from Z:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\
Operating system: Windows 10 (arch: amd64, version: 10.0)
Java version: 1.8.0_172 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>
Jvm version: 25.172-b11 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]
Available CPUs: 8

Loading config default
====== CLIENT CRASH ======
Unexpected crash while setting up login
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at com.wurmonline.client.settings.Profile.loadSettings(Profile.java:395)
    at com.wurmonline.client.settings.Profile.loadConfig(Profile.java:331)
    at com.wurmonline.client.settings.Profile.init(Profile.java:133)
    at com.wurmonline.client.settings.Profile.getProfile(Profile.java:104)
    at com.wurmonline.client.startup.ServerBrowserFX.<init>(ServerBrowserFX.java:242)
    at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.WurmMain.prepareLaunch(WurmMain.java:243)
    at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.WurmMain.start(WurmMain.java:193)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$161(LauncherImpl.java:863)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$174(PlatformImpl.java:326)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$172(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$173(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$147(WinApplication.java:177)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at com.wurmonline.client.options.screenres.DisplayDevice.getResolution(DisplayDevice.java:91)
    at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.controls.DisplayOptionControl.setToDefault(DisplayOptionControl.java:122)
    at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.controls.DisplayOptionControl.<init>(DisplayOptionControl.java:89)
    at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.WurmSettingsFX.<clinit>(WurmSettingsFX.java:167)
    ... 16 more

I cannot get Wurm Unlimited to start at all...
The moment I press "Play" on Steam this error pops up and I can't figure out why.

I've done clean re-installs, attempted to change the JavaPath (which I probably didn't do right anyway) and nothing I'm doing is making any difference.

Edited by Zera

2 hours ago, Zera said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's possible you might figure out what's wrong from the log file below, but if you can't, post the full log on the wurm unlimited forums, and someone else might be able to help you.

java.library.path: Z:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\nativelibs
Time is Sat Mar 14 11:42:38 EDT 2020
Running client version 

Jvm version: 25.172-b11 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]

Loading config default
    at com.wurmonline.client.startup.ServerBrowserFX.<init>(ServerBrowserFX.java:242)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$161(LauncherImpl.java:863)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$174(PlatformImpl.java:326)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$172(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$173(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
    at com.wurmonline.client.options.screenres.DisplayDevice.getResolution(DisplayDevice.java:91)
    at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.controls.DisplayOptionControl.setToDefault(DisplayOptionControl.java:122)
    at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.controls.DisplayOptionControl.<init>(DisplayOptionControl.java:89)
    at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.WurmSettingsFX.<clinit>(WurmSettingsFX.java:167)
    ... 16 more

I cannot get Wurm Unlimited to start at all...
The moment I press "Play" on Steam this error pops up and I can't figure out why.

I've done clean re-installs, attempted to change the JavaPath (which I probably didn't do right anyway) and nothing I'm doing is making any difference.

In my experience, it's almost always a mod conflict.  Are you using server mods?  What I do is remove the most recent add-on first, to see if it fixes it.

56 minutes ago, Batta said:

In my experience, it's almost always a mod conflict.  Are you using server mods?  What I do is remove the most recent add-on first, to see if it fixes it.

I'm not using anything..
There is nothing to install/uninstall add/remove as even a fresh, unmodded, nothing changed install is giving me this problem.

There are NO mods. NO changes, nothing.

I would start by rebooting the computer in case there is something messed up in memory

Also it's not a good idea to mess with JAVA path as if you mess it up, it might be hard to undo ...

Maybe also try reinstalling video driver in case the driver got corrupted

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

4 hours ago, Zera said:

While you wait for an actual techie to help...

I did get this exact error message a couple of years back, and nothing I tried was fixing it.

In the end, I had to delete absolutely all traces of Wurm from my computer (not just reinstall a fresh copy) and from Steam.

When I installed again, the problem had disappeared.

I'm sure there must be an easier way to achieve this result, but this did work for me.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/0/1699416432414292003/

try changing resolution to 800x600 windows resizebale (not fullscreen and not your normal resoplution) and see whether it loads, if it loads then maximize the window to full screen and see whether that works -- wurm has at various times had issues with certain monitor resolutions and using "800x600 resizeable" (then maximize the window) has sometimes resolved this

2 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I would start by rebooting the computer in case there is something messed up in memory

Also it's not a good idea to mess with JAVA path as if you mess it up, it might be hard to undo ...

Maybe also try reinstalling video driver in case the driver got corrupted

This is a problem I've been dealing with for months now, so it's not a "restart the computer" ordeal.

And it's not a driver issue either, as I've tried that in every attempt I've tried too. And there's been 0 issues with any other of the many games I've got on this PC. Including Wurm Online... No problems with that.. Only with Unlimited.

And by "Javapath" I'm referring to this located in the LaunchConfig found in the game path on my PC...

[Runtime]
OverrideDefaultJavaPath=false
JavaPath=

[Memory]
InitialHeap=512m
MaxHeapSize=2048m
[VMParams]
JvmParam0=-XX:+AggressiveOpts

Wurm Online runs flawlessly, absolutely 0 problems there.
Infact when trying to run Wurm Unlimited from Steam, I'm getting a Wurm Online pop-up like it's trying to launch Online (and not Unlimited) but the error:

Spoiler

Time is Sat Mar 14 15:51:56 EDT 2020
Running client version 

No game settings found, assuming new install: PlayerFiles\gamesettings.txt
Loading config default
Could not find config 'default', creating it.
Copied default file defaults/keybindings.txt to PlayerFiles\configs\default\keybindings.txt
    ... 16 more

also comes up and nothing happens further.

1 minute ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/0/1699416432414292003/

try changing resolution to 800x600 windows resizebale (not fullscreen and not your normal resoplution) and see whether it loads, if it loads then maximize the window to full screen and see whether that works -- wurm has at various times had issues with certain monitor resolutions and using "800x600 resizeable" (then maximize the window) has sometimes resolved this

I can't even get that far...

NOTHING is opening..
It's an immedate "ERROR" on screen.

No launcher, no client anything, NOTHING is coming up.

There is nothing for me to change available.

sorry that GPU scaling part is in the video card control panel, not in the wurm settings

When I have a "badly broken wurm" (only happened a few times), and I try a reinstall i will usually rename the old folder to something like Wurm-BROKE or WurmXXXXX because otherwise it never seems to fully uninstall and just reuses bad configuration files etc. Renaming the folder puts it "out of reach" but also allows me to go back later if i get things running, to rescue key bindings etc.

Sorry if that is no help either, just something else to maybe try.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

2 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

also try turn off GPU scaling

Not using AMD, but turning off any form of "GPU" scaling doesn't get me any further either.

Since there's some confusion as to how far I'm getting and what I'm actually able to do with this client....
Here's a screenshot of what's going on..
Untitled.png

3 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

sorry that GPU scaling part is in the video card control panel, not in the wurm settings

When I have a "badly broken wurm" (only happened a few times), and I try a reinstall i will usually rename the old folder to something like Wurm-BROKE or WurmXXXXX because otherwise it never seems to fully uninstall and just reuses bad configuration files etc. Renaming the folder puts it "out of reach" but also allows me to go back later if i get things running, to rescue key bindings etc.

Sorry if that is no help either, just something else to maybe try.

I'd completely deleted any files, folders, etc; The entire directory had been removed.

Literally nothing left over..

This sort of thing isn't my first rodeo with some form of PC/Game issue, I've just never been able to figure out how to get THIS particular problem past the "Client Refusal to Launch in ANY form" mess that it is right now...

could you copy and paste the whole text from your null error window when it crashes. maybe it can shed more light on whats happening.

1 minute ago, Griffith said:

could you copy and paste the whole text from your null error window when it crashes. maybe it can shed more light on whats happening.

There is the entire error window..

I've posted it twice now, there is nothing more to copy + paste

I've put it into 2 different spoilers, one in my OP and a few posts up.

Edited by Zera

sorry, youre right. i was too lazy to read previous posts.

anyway this is what i found on your error logs.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/4/1742216747656732969/

play around with window resolution setings and full or windowed modes. if you cant get into launcher settings, try changing them in the gamesettings.txt files.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/0/276237094317841589/?

if re-downloading wu doesnt work or you have tried it already, then try re-downloading updating steam. if you go the latter option, try to delete steam without deleting the games you already have installed.

good luck, hope you find a solution to the problem.

If I open directory:

steamapps/common/wurmunlimited/wurmlauncher/playerfiles/configs/default

The only file there is:

keybindings.txt

There is no other files.

steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\players

Is completely empty (everything is gone/missing/deleted from Uninstall and Reinstall many, many, many times now.)

And yes, this included manually deleting anything left-over after pressing UnInstall.

It's not a case of Steam is outdated, I'm a religious update freak and nothing on my PC is outdated more than 24hrs as it's part of my daily routine to check these things..

CAN launch the Server Launcher, if I use the WurmServerLauncher application found in the folders.

It's only the Client that won't do a thing for me.

Trying to launch via WurmLauncher from the Client folder again results in the error I've posted/shared.

My Guess is that certain configuration files aren't generating on install and I cannot seem to find them anywhere online to replicate/plug them in to test this theory.

I'm fairly certain that I should have more than just "Keybindings.txt" in my configs/default folder.

this are the folders down to default, not players folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default  

for whatever its worth try making a gamesettings.txt file in there. you can change the date in there if you want.

Spoiler

#Wurm Unlimited client properties
#Sun Aug 11 14:37:33 PDT 2019
show_body_in_inventory=false
enable_contribution_culling=false
sound_cache_enabled=true
screen_brightness=0.0
viewport_bob=true
limit_dynamic_lights=true
color_outline_neutral=0.5,0.5,1.0,1.0
hide_menu_examine=false
color_white=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
free_look_mode_disable_on_combat=false
mark_text_read=true
no_terrain_render=false
has_read_eula=false
color_error=1.0,0.3,0.3,1.0
color_salve_frost=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0
trees=3
hide_onscreen_fail_messages=false
vbo_enabled=1
reflections=2
animation_playback_self=0
connectByIpIp=127.0.0.1
showKChat=true
debug_mode=false
color_teal=0.0,0.5,0.5,1.0
irc_log_rotation=2
impColumn=true
sound_al_gain=15
skydetail=1
auto_mipmaps_enabled=1
connectByIpport=3724
hide_onscreen_info_messages=false
normal_maps=true
use_fast_clock_work_around=true
no_world_render=false
skillgain_no_alignment=true
skillgain_no_favor=true
loadInventoryStartup=true
settings_version=9
use_anisotropic_filtering=4
ListRowSize=4
free_look_mode_disable_on_open_component=false
custim_timer_source=1
color_enchant_desc=0.5,0.5,1.0,1.0
head_bob=false
gui_skin=1
color_black=0.0,0.0,0.0,1.0
tiledecorations=3
season_override=0
colorItemsDamage=true
color_cyan=0.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
font_antialias=2
max_dynamic_lights=8
use_alpha_particles=true
contribution_culling=200
fog_coord_src=0
sound_play_PMAlert=false
submit_client_data=2
game_client_thread_priority=2
structure_render_distance=4
sound_engine=2
customTimer5=-1|-1
customTimer4=-1|-1
customTimer3=-1|-1
customTimer2=-1|-1
customTimer1=-1|-1
font_italian=11
other_log_rotation=2
enable_debugs=false
log_extra_errors=false
screenshot_file_format=1
color_grey=0.5,0.75,1.0,1.0
sound_play_ambients=true
auto_run_source=0
depth_clamp_enabled=2
terrain_res=2
material_as_suffix=true
use_nano_timer=false
hide_menu_no_target=false
collada_animations=3
player_texture_size=2
test_attach_equipment=false
fast_yield=false
event_log_rotation=2
color_purple=0.5,0.0,0.5,1.0
hide_onscreen_hostile_messages=false
test_mode=0
color_fuchsia=1.0,0.0,1.0,1.0
fps_limit_enabled=true
color_lime=0.5,1.0,0.5,1.0
free_look_mode_sensitivity=7
sound_play_combat=true
color_outline_friend=0.5,0.75,1.0,1.0
sound_play_emotes=true
font_header=24
update_optional=true
color_salve_acid=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0
color_navy_blue=0.23,0.39,1.0,1.0
render_distant_terrain=true
max_texture_size=2
censor_chat=false
high_res_binoculars=true
use_phobia_models=false
thirdPerson=false
color_maroon=0.5,0.0,0.0,1.0
offscreen_texture_size=2
sound_play_buzz=true
sound_buzzlevel=2
multicolor_usage=1
outline_picking=true
gpu_skinning=true
water_detail=2
compressed_textures_S3TC=true
enable_lod=true
free_look_mode_disable_on_close_component=false
use_antialiasing=1
display_settings=false\:false\:0\:1920\:1080\:32\:-1\:false\:true
model_loader_thread_priority=2
sound_music_level=5
color_outline_ally=0.5,1.0,0.5,1.0
use_non_alpha_particles=true
shift_drag_default=10
reflection_texture_size=1
tile_transitions=true
occlusion_queries_enabled=2
gui_opacity=4
compressed_textures=false
start_dedicated_server=false
hide_inactive_friends=false
exec_source=0
item_creature_render_distance=4
font_static=11
use_tree_models=true
color_enchant_power=0.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
treelist_outline=true
sound_doppler_enabled=false
use_weather_particles=true
key_bindings_source=0
ShowPrettySpellList=true
font_monospaced=11
save_skills_on_quit=false
color_yellow=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0
enable_vsync=false
disable_select_all_shortcut=false
color_royal_blue=0.5,0.5,1.0,1.0
glsl_debug_loading=false
enable_shift_drag=false
HideOldSpellActions=true
mega_texture_size=5
color_orange=1.0,0.58,0.04,1.0
remember_password=true
color_silver=0.75,0.75,0.75,1.0
togglePushToTalk=true
local_list_in_event=true
font_default=11
log_gl_errors=false
lod=2
resident_models=false
color_salve_fire=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0
hide_personal_goal=false
color_system=0.5,1.0,0.5,1.0
multidraw_enabled=1
send_extra_tile_data=false
mount_rotation=false
color_red=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0
sound_play_work=true
render_bloom=false
skillgain_minimum=5
fps_limit=30
renderer_type=1
silent_friends_update=false
cavedetail=0
sound_play_weather=true
keyboard_layout=0
no_brightness=false
inverse_mouse=false
render_vignette=false
fbo_enabled=1
quick_keybinds=true
hint_texture_scaling=2
sound_play_music=false
supersampling=0
show_old_quickbar=false
fps_limit_background=15
max_shader_lights=8
hide_menu_spam_mode=true
render_sun_glare=false
non_power_of_two=1
color_enchant_name=0.0,0.5,0.5,1.0
sound_play_door=true
font_bold=11
sound_footstepslevel=10
model_loading_threads=3
hide_menu_stop=false
color_green=0.4,0.72,0.47,1.0
render_fxaa=false
shadow_mapsize=2
irc_notif=0
sound_play_footsteps=true
glsl_enabled=2
shadow_level=0
fov_horizontal=90
setting_timestamps=true
color_outline_hostile=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

1 hour ago, Griffith said:

this are the folders down to default, not players folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default  

for whatever its worth try making a gamesettings.txt file in there. you can change the date in there if you want.

Reveal hidden contents

#Wurm Unlimited client properties
#Sun Aug 11 14:37:33 PDT 2019
show_body_in_inventory=false
enable_contribution_culling=false
sound_cache_enabled=true
screen_brightness=0.0
viewport_bob=true
limit_dynamic_lights=true
color_outline_neutral=0.5,0.5,1.0,1.0
hide_menu_examine=false
color_white=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
free_look_mode_disable_on_combat=false
mark_text_read=true
no_terrain_render=false
has_read_eula=false
color_error=1.0,0.3,0.3,1.0
color_salve_frost=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0
trees=3
hide_onscreen_fail_messages=false
vbo_enabled=1
reflections=2
animation_playback_self=0
connectByIpIp=127.0.0.1
showKChat=true
debug_mode=false
color_teal=0.0,0.5,0.5,1.0
irc_log_rotation=2
impColumn=true
sound_al_gain=15
skydetail=1
auto_mipmaps_enabled=1
connectByIpport=3724
hide_onscreen_info_messages=false
normal_maps=true
use_fast_clock_work_around=true
no_world_render=false
skillgain_no_alignment=true
skillgain_no_favor=true
loadInventoryStartup=true
settings_version=9
use_anisotropic_filtering=4
ListRowSize=4
free_look_mode_disable_on_open_component=false
custim_timer_source=1
color_enchant_desc=0.5,0.5,1.0,1.0
head_bob=false
gui_skin=1
color_black=0.0,0.0,0.0,1.0
tiledecorations=3
season_override=0
colorItemsDamage=true
color_cyan=0.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
font_antialias=2
max_dynamic_lights=8
use_alpha_particles=true
contribution_culling=200
fog_coord_src=0
sound_play_PMAlert=false
submit_client_data=2
game_client_thread_priority=2
structure_render_distance=4
sound_engine=2
customTimer5=-1|-1
customTimer4=-1|-1
customTimer3=-1|-1
customTimer2=-1|-1
customTimer1=-1|-1
font_italian=11
other_log_rotation=2
enable_debugs=false
log_extra_errors=false
screenshot_file_format=1
color_grey=0.5,0.75,1.0,1.0
sound_play_ambients=true
auto_run_source=0
depth_clamp_enabled=2
terrain_res=2
material_as_suffix=true
use_nano_timer=false
hide_menu_no_target=false
collada_animations=3
player_texture_size=2
test_attach_equipment=false
fast_yield=false
event_log_rotation=2
color_purple=0.5,0.0,0.5,1.0
hide_onscreen_hostile_messages=false
test_mode=0
color_fuchsia=1.0,0.0,1.0,1.0
fps_limit_enabled=true
color_lime=0.5,1.0,0.5,1.0
free_look_mode_sensitivity=7
sound_play_combat=true
color_outline_friend=0.5,0.75,1.0,1.0
sound_play_emotes=true
font_header=24
update_optional=true
color_salve_acid=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0
color_navy_blue=0.23,0.39,1.0,1.0
render_distant_terrain=true
max_texture_size=2
censor_chat=false
high_res_binoculars=true
use_phobia_models=false
thirdPerson=false
color_maroon=0.5,0.0,0.0,1.0
offscreen_texture_size=2
sound_play_buzz=true
sound_buzzlevel=2
multicolor_usage=1
outline_picking=true
gpu_skinning=true
water_detail=2
compressed_textures_S3TC=true
enable_lod=true
free_look_mode_disable_on_close_component=false
use_antialiasing=1
display_settings=false\:false\:0\:1920\:1080\:32\:-1\:false\:true
model_loader_thread_priority=2
sound_music_level=5
color_outline_ally=0.5,1.0,0.5,1.0
use_non_alpha_particles=true
shift_drag_default=10
reflection_texture_size=1
tile_transitions=true
occlusion_queries_enabled=2
gui_opacity=4
compressed_textures=false
start_dedicated_server=false
hide_inactive_friends=false
exec_source=0
item_creature_render_distance=4
font_static=11
use_tree_models=true
color_enchant_power=0.0,1.0,1.0,1.0
treelist_outline=true
sound_doppler_enabled=false
use_weather_particles=true
key_bindings_source=0
ShowPrettySpellList=true
font_monospaced=11
save_skills_on_quit=false
color_yellow=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0
enable_vsync=false
disable_select_all_shortcut=false
color_royal_blue=0.5,0.5,1.0,1.0
glsl_debug_loading=false
enable_shift_drag=false
HideOldSpellActions=true
mega_texture_size=5
color_orange=1.0,0.58,0.04,1.0
remember_password=true
color_silver=0.75,0.75,0.75,1.0
togglePushToTalk=true
local_list_in_event=true
font_default=11
log_gl_errors=false
lod=2
resident_models=false
color_salve_fire=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0
hide_personal_goal=false
color_system=0.5,1.0,0.5,1.0
multidraw_enabled=1
send_extra_tile_data=false
mount_rotation=false
color_red=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0
sound_play_work=true
render_bloom=false
skillgain_minimum=5
fps_limit=30
renderer_type=1
silent_friends_update=false
cavedetail=0
sound_play_weather=true
keyboard_layout=0
no_brightness=false
inverse_mouse=false
render_vignette=false
fbo_enabled=1
quick_keybinds=true
hint_texture_scaling=2
sound_play_music=false
supersampling=0
show_old_quickbar=false
fps_limit_background=15
max_shader_lights=8
hide_menu_spam_mode=true
render_sun_glare=false
non_power_of_two=1
color_enchant_name=0.0,0.5,0.5,1.0
sound_play_door=true
font_bold=11
sound_footstepslevel=10
model_loading_threads=3
hide_menu_stop=false
color_green=0.4,0.72,0.47,1.0
render_fxaa=false
shadow_mapsize=2
irc_notif=0
sound_play_footsteps=true
glsl_enabled=2
shadow_level=0
fov_horizontal=90
setting_timestamps=true
color_outline_hostile=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

I copied and pasted the information into a manually created "gamesettings.txt" file but unfortunately still the same crash log.

Spoiler

Time is Sat Mar 14 19:05:19 EDT 2020
Running client version 

Loading config default
Loading props file PlayerFiles\configs\default\gamesettings.txt
    ... 16 more

Are there other files I'm missing from that configs/default folder?
Now I've got:

1. keybindings.txt
  2. gamesettings.txt

There is nothing else in that default folder though. I want to say there should be more than just 2 files in there. 😕

6 minutes ago, Zera said:

I copied and pasted the information into a manually created "gamesettings.txt" file but unfortunately still the same crash log.

Reveal hidden contents

Time is Sat Mar 14 19:05:19 EDT 2020
Running client version 

Loading config default
    ... 16 more

Are there other files I'm missing from that configs/default folder?
Now I've got:

1. keybindings.txt
  2. gamesettings.txt

There is nothing else in that default folder though. I want to say there should be more than just 2 files in there. 😕

autorun, gamesettings, keybinds, words.dat (just these 4 in the profile folder)

2 in mid are the important....

words is badwords filter to not show (not really important if you're above 9-12 usually these 2 know more than older people know.. <.<')

autorun is commands to execute when you launch the game I've used it only to pop weather, time, and such data when I was hyped to track server restarts etc.. for prayers/meditation/and such, it could be used to reset settings by loading defaults every login but meh - not important

unsure why you go for the random things... simple google search for your error leads to steam discussion about ports you need opened for WU (only guessing that's more likely to be your issue - being unable to login.. but since the crash log isn't exactly telling you more.. you're left to guessing and reading more pages and trying variety of things...)

have you tried opening the ports for WU in your firewall as a start to rule that also out?

10 minutes ago, Finnn said:

autorun, gamesettings, keybinds, words.dat (just these 4 in the profile folder)

2 in mid are the important....

words is badwords filter to not show (not really important if you're above 9-12 usually these 2 know more than older people know.. <.<')

autorun is commands to execute when you launch the game I've used it only to pop weather, time, and such data when I was hyped to track server restarts etc.. for prayers/meditation/and such, it could be used to reset settings by loading defaults every login but meh - not important

unsure why you go for the random things... simple google search for your error leads to steam discussion about ports you need opened for WU (only guessing that's more likely to be your issue - being unable to login.. but since the crash log isn't exactly telling you more.. you're left to guessing and reading more pages and trying variety of things...)

have you tried opening the ports for WU in your firewall as a start to rule that also out?

Random things?
I can't get ANYTHING to open.
The game doesn't LAUNCH.

It's not a case of trying to login to a server or even press "PLAY" on a character.
I can't get to that point.

You talk about a firewall as if I'm trying to do anything more than play a singleplayer game on my local machine. And yes, I understand that even on my local machine it's a "server instance" with WU, but I certainly shouldn't need to "Excuse myself to talk to myself through a firewall" to do so.

And if there are OODLES of posts about it out there, mind sharing the fix rather than giving me grief over this.
I certainly can't seem to find ANYTHING that actually helps me since I can't access anything actually GAME RELATED as NOTHING launches outside of that error....

Edited by Zera

do you get a log in your files after trying to run wu called stats_log.txt or client.log?

2 minutes ago, Griffith said:

do you get a log in your files after trying to run wu called stats_log.txt or client.log?

Where would I find something like that, because I can't seem to find any files with that name.

Even searching for either of those within "Wurm Unlimited" as the root folder, didn't find anything with either name.

in your wurm launcher directory where wurmlauncher.exe is located

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher

I managed to try to force it to use a newer Java installation I have on my PC. But I get the same error, so it's not a Java related issue.
At-least not a version thing as far as I can tell. 

Spoiler

Time is Sat Mar 14 19:44:33 EDT 2020
Running client version 

Java version: 1.8.0_241 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>
Jvm version: 25.241-b07 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]

Loading config default
    at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$8(LauncherImpl.java:863)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$7(PlatformImpl.java:326)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
    at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
    at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$4(WinApplication.java:186)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    ... 16 more

It keeps talking about resolution, but I haven't gotten anywhere to do anything about a resolution and none of the configuration files I have offer any way to edit this manually.
This is why I asked if there are other files I may be missing in my

configs/default

folder.

Just now, Griffith said:

in your wurm launcher directory where wurmlauncher.exe is located

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher

Nope, I have nothing resembling any kind of log located in the WurmLauncher folder.

I have the following folders:

1. lib
  2. nativelibs
  3. packs
  4. PlayerFiles

And the following files:

1. client
  2. common
  3. LaunchConfig
  4. steamapp64.dll
  5. WurmLauncher

Nothing else