Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Hotfix 14/MAR/20

PatchNotes-1.png
  • Bugfix: Prevent non-plantable herbs & spices from being planted in a pottery planter using a keybind.
  • Bugfix: Shortly after today’s update all wagoners should be back on the job.
  • Like 3
  • Cat 1

there are a million bugs and some old for years and still waiting for a fix,you found out about this one this few hours ago and now it gets a fixed?

• Like 2

To be honest, I appreciated that one to be fixed swiftly. As long as it was known to a few only it might have been tolerated for a while on. Once the information left out to the wider public on the forums it could hardly be tolerated as a widespread use would make botanizing defunct.

Ok, reminds me the 3 rare ashes bug when cleaning forges and having a rare roll. That one even did not harm anybody and anything, but some pedant had to report it as a bug which it prolly was. 

24 minutes ago, Jonydowy said:

you found out about this one this few hours ago and now it gets a fixed?

Lol, ya this one looks like would be a fun one to put off fixing till later.

6 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

To be honest, I appreciated that one to be fixed swiftly. As long as it was known to a few only it might have been tolerated for a while on. Once the information left out to the wider public on the forums it could hardly be tolerated as a widespread use would make botanizing defunct.

Ok, reminds me the 3 rare ashes bug when cleaning forges and having a rare roll. That one even did not harm anybody and anything, but some pedant had to report it as a bug which it prolly was. 

Yeah, it's nice was fixed. I found out about this yesterday since somone mentioned it in global. Also found out it was pretty much "common" knowledge how they can be planted,  It's just lame it's been let go on for like 2 years without being fixed

1 hour ago, Jonydowy said:

there are a million bugs and some old for years and still waiting for a fix,you found out about this one this few hours ago and now it gets a fixed?

Things don't get fixed in order of finding, and it was probably an easy fix.

• Like 4

Some bugs are easy to fix while others may be more difficult due to the amount of code that would need to be analyzed in order to properly fix and test.  That's the nature of software development.

I understand all of it but it pisses me off that as soon as it was made public it has been fixed while others have been exploiting for months and selling.

Also this fix is half the problem solved and still same people profit from it,you can't plant it anymore but those who had it planted before the fix can still harvest forever from it.

1 hour ago, Jonydowy said:

I understand all of it but it pisses me off that as soon as it was made public it has been fixed while others have been exploiting for months and selling.

timer sacrifice exploit

trader exploit

whatever has "xxx exploit" in it always has this results, soon it's public it's getting fixed.

5 hours ago, Jonydowy said:

There will always be things ingame which give an advantage where it is not obvious whether they are a hidden feature or a bug. When players decide silently to consider it a hidden feature and only propagate it under friends and allies that is common use. Not much reason for envy. It is an incentive to explore the game in depth that some hidden connections and advantages may exist. Punishing explorers would destroy this incentive. That said, it was quite obvious for me that this particular possibility was indeed a bug and using it an exploit to some extent. Once it was made public it had to be fixed.

5 hours ago, Jonydowy said:

Also this fix is half the problem solved and still same people profit from it,you can't plant it anymore but those who had it planted before the fix can still harvest forever from it.

It does not. The plants in questions can be harvested only once then the planter turns empty with an error message. Unfortunately, the devs overdid and hit turmeric and paprika as collateral damage :).

Just curious, was there any ivestigations about the planter bug being heavy exploited?

23 hours ago, Tor said:

Just curious, was there any ivestigations about the planter bug being heavy exploited?

I don't know, in my ally, though there are some fairly veteran players, it was not known. Once it was mentioned in forums, I couldn't resist too :).

LUmuS46.png

That is why I know that the "illicit" herbs went away after picking one time.

On 3/14/2020 at 1:45 PM, DevBlog said:
PatchNotes-1.png
  • Bugfix: Prevent non-plantable herbs & spices from being planted in a pottery planter using a keybind.

Quite funny how the same bug appeard in Wurm Unlimited already a few years ago. Keybinds can be extremly dangerous, if not correctly checked server side they can become deadly for every server cluster. I once planted a water skin :)

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this