Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Chicken Coops, Feathers, and Arrows

Changes:

Coops and Chickens

Its ok to have the egg quality based on coop quality, but in turn, eggs laid by wild hens and hens that are not in pens should be low, like 20q else it is better to not use the coop and get 99q eggs all day long.

Since hens now produce feathers, why not make arrows require feathers?

31 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

Since hens now produce feathers, why not make arrows require feathers?

Because arrows are already a huge PITA to maintain.. And we dont want to breed 50 chickens so we can kill them to make 100 arrows.

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skatyna said:

Because arrows are already a huge PITA to maintain.. And we dont want to breed 50 chickens so we can kill them to make 100 arrows.

I am a titled arrow maker, so I get it.  But still, I think it would increase the value of arrows and provide an extra step to our craft.  I don't mind that at all.  Just saying...

I'm for it, gives good reason to chickens and arrows in all histories have been a pain to make.  To be quite honest, fletchers in the medieval time period were paid quite well as bolts and arrows were in very high demand.

Not commenting on the feathers for arrows, but I do agree the wild chickens/uncooped chickens should not lay eggs higher quality than those in a coop.