Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Feature List of updates in WO that aren't in WU

So I restarted my WU server and updated all of my mods and was trying to figure out what all updates WO has received that WU has not received, so I can tell what is working as intended and what I might want to add in via more mods (if possible).

I think it was within the last year when Retro announced the end of WU development?  I was looking in this WU forum and saw his thread with all the WU updates and patch notes, but the last entry is 2017.  Has it really been that long since an update in WU?

-Wurmhole/Darquan

April 2019 is what we're generally told within the WU community.
unfortunately back then micro-freezes were a problem (java gc) additionally it was before all the T&L and distance rendering improvements.
(it also fails to render the inside of a mine when you're 8 tiles away from the entrance)

Spoiler

5dptYCq.jpg

but hey, least we have buoys

I think the fishing update was the last major revamp that WU received, that was december 2018 so it's definately later than 2017
edit;
this was a month before they abandoned wu
https://steamcommunity.com/games/366220/announcements/detail/1808664240331141730

development was `officially ended` quite recently but for all intensive purposes it was April 2019, just took them a while to tell us.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

Wish they would add them to WU as paid DLCs like all other companies.

• Like 4

On 3/12/2020 at 9:06 AM, Jukken said:

Wish they would add them to WU as paid DLCs like all other companies.

This would be a nice alternative to the complete abandonment and maybe even preferable to getting all the updates without a choice in the matter.  I must admit that with each passing day, I become more and more grateful that we are not getting all the updates now.  I guess that old adage is true, that if someone sticks a 12 inch knife in your back, you should be grateful they only shoved it in 6 inches.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 8:50 PM, Wurmhole said:

So I restarted my WU server and updated all of my mods and was trying to figure out what all updates WO has received that WU has not received, so I can tell what is working as intended and what I might want to add in via more mods (if possible).

I think it was within the last year when Retro announced the end of WU development?  I was looking in this WU forum and saw his thread with all the WU updates and patch notes, but the last entry is 2017.  Has it really been that long since an update in WU?

-Wurmhole/Darquan

There was supposed to be a final update but they lied. They don't want WU taking money so they have broken every promise Code Club made once they got their hands on WURM. Don't expect anything but empty words from them. Their actions speak louder than their words. Not rage, just facts.