Sign in to follow this  
Jonydowy

[Fixed] Game updating

Since the last patch every time i wanna log in the game it updates it self and after i'm in the game for a few minutes and want to log in another character,again is doing the update and then i have to log off the first characters to log both it..

are these actually updates or is it stuck in a loop and its the same update every time ''not saving''(for a lack of better word).

Its fine the first time but it gets to where i have to log out a 5-6 times a day just to log other characters.

It's not doing that for me so I figure your update isn't sticking.

Have you rebooted since the patch?

I did reboot because some of those ''updates'' think like i already have a char logged in even if i just turned the pc on.

can you confirm your last statement, neighbour or friend seeing you online for 10-30minutes/+ when you're actually offline?(doubtful)

maybe running the game locks the files.. and you're unable to update them again while that process is running, what have you restarted the game or the pc/os?

I've got the same problem, i found that just closing the launcher when it's "updating" and opening it again fixes that. Can login normally

Edited by Vomusu

6 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

I've got the same problem, i found that just closing the launcher when it's "updating" and opening it again fixes that. Can login normally

That's interesting..i will try it and see if it works for me.Thanks

I have the same issue on Linux and Windows. On Windows despite the failed update it lets me login. On Ubuntu I had to copy the packs from the Windows computer then I could log in and from there I have a hit-or-miss game starting launchers and see them either start to update and fail or saying all packs are up to date and I can log in.

I tried what Vomusu said.. closing the window and starting again turns the update off and can log in.

I have the same issue since yesterday, game is updating after each start 😞

We're not entirely sure what might cause this yet, I sent out a fresh pack now just in case something went wrong when building the last one. Please post if it still happens after this update.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:09 AM, Jonydowy said:

Since the last patch every time i wanna log in the game it updates it self and after i'm in the game for a few minutes and want to log in another character,again is doing the update and then i have to log off the first characters to log both it..

are these actually updates or is it stuck in a loop and its the same update every time ''not saving''(for a lack of better word).

Its fine the first time but it gets to where i have to log out a 5-6 times a day just to log other characters.

On 3/11/2020 at 3:40 PM, Vomusu said:

On 3/11/2020 at 4:47 PM, Jaz said:

I have the same issue on Linux and Windows. On Windows despite the failed update it lets me login. On Ubuntu I had to copy the packs from the Windows computer then I could log in and from there I have a hit-or-miss game starting launchers and see them either start to update and fail or saying all packs are up to date and I can log in.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:06 AM, JirkaSoukup said:

I have the same issue since yesterday, game is updating after each start 😞

Can you all please see Saroman's note above and let us know if this resolves your issue?   

Downloaded the last pack,seems ok but I don't want to speak too soon.

I will keep you updated if it happens again.

Thank you!

I've downloaded the packs once and since then it seems fine - tried to open a dozen launchers, no downloading at all. That looks good for the time being, thank you!

16 hours ago, Saroman said:

We're not entirely sure what might cause this yet, I sent out a fresh pack now just in case something went wrong when building the last one. Please post if it still happens after this update.

Yes, thanks, the issue is gone here. Before, I saw 2 .dds files with wrong crc which caused the error condition, obviously. After the new packs all looks fine.