Sign in to follow this  
Ahsesino

Suggestion: In game market system controlled by players.

Obviously you can go with that route if people feel comfortable with it. Personally I like to have variety in playstyles. 

Good example : Wurm phobia mode for people who have a fear of certain creatures such as spiders. Completely opt-in but not forced. 

On 5/5/2021 at 4:51 AM, Berms said:

Not everyone is interested in making a whole page complete with photoshopped screenshots and an A4 full of text + redirects to other posts when you're just looking for a single item or want to sell something randomly quickly, with the best price possible. 

Very much agree here. My free time is limited and I want to spend it doing fun and relaxing stuff, which does not include endlessly combing through the forums and trade chat trying (and mostly failing) to figure out how much a certain item should cost.  Every time I buy or sell something, I have this vague worry that I'm either getting ripped off or inadvertently ripping someone else off, because there is no straightforward way to get a clear sense of how much an item is worth.  I also have zero desire to negotiate or haggle with other players; this is not the kind of "social interaction" I'm interested in.  For these reasons, I keep my involvement in the market as minimal as possible (which is pretty minimal), although it is something I have enjoyed immensely and used extensively in other games. 

I would absolutely love it if there were a simple way to see everyone who is offering to buy or sell, with prices, in game, of course with some type automatic commitment to buying or selling at that price.  Trade chat and forum listings could continue as supplemental advertising for anyone who wanted it.  But as long as those remain the only methods of gauging prices, the market will continue to be an aspect of the game I do my best to avoid.

• Cat 1

-1 for a standard marketplace / auction house or something like that BUT ...

I'm for a system like Village Recruitment Board where you can write your WTB / WTS / WTT directly ingame instead of the Trade chat.

But you have to travel etc ... in fact it just replaces the Trade channel by a Board where ppl can post their offer/demands like on the Trade channel. Let's say that offers/demands expires after X days automatically and have to repost (again like Village Recruitment Board)

On 5/6/2021 at 5:28 PM, Syhl said:

I'm for a system like Village Recruitment Board where you can write your WTB / WTS / WTT directly ingame instead of the Trade chat.

But you have to travel etc ... in fact it just replaces the Trade channel by a Board where ppl can post their offer/demands like on the Trade channel. Let's say that offers/demands expires after X days automatically and have to repost (again like Village Recruitment Board)

I think it's fair if you at least explain WHY you -1 the suggestion because I know 99% of the cases is because some sellers don't want the buyers to know the actual price or the range of price so they can easily rip off (new) players, which I have seen happen so many times and we even have a list of people to avoid in Alliance Discord just because of this.

On 5/6/2021 at 5:28 PM, Syhl said:

did you think of those on xan? How many you think will find there boards?

6 hours ago, Berms said:

I think it's fair if you at least explain WHY you -1 the suggestion because I know 99% of the cases is because some sellers don't want the buyers to know the actual price or the range of price so they can easily rip off (new) players, which I have seen happen so many times and we even have a list of people to avoid in Alliance Discord just because of this.

Already explained in another similar suggestion thread (there are many if you use the search function)

There are others reasons than rip off new players ... for example :

- I still want to travel in person to deliver things that can't be CoD / wagoner and not click "Sell" button

- I still want to negotiate price by speaking with the buyer/seller and not by sorting ascending price column

To sum up: I want player interaction and not the same click "Buy" and "Sell" button than on a AAA MMORPG auction house.

5 hours ago, Maiya said:

did you think of those on xan? How many you think will find there boards?

The idea is to make the same system than Village Recruitment Board which can be crafted everywhere.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Village_recruitment_board

EDIT: But again , i agree the current "system" (searching forums, discord, PC ingame..) is horrible, there is something to improve, but between this horrible system and a too-easy-cold auction house, there is something good in the middle 

Edited by Syhl

Does anyone even look at those boards? 

Just add the market place auction house as an icon or something with a pop up window.  If people want to travel around, haggle, use forums or even use the npc merch, they still can. 

It would just be another option to use to sell stuff. 

• Like 2

If implementing full action house would be too tedious the maybe easier solution like this:

- Global search window that searches through all the stuf on all merchants on all servers

- Merchant, to be visible on search window must have checked some option (show on global search) to prevent listing items from merchants, that people use for personal storage

- Seach window would list items with prices, merchants names and locations + filters for item types, quality, price range and rarity

- Merchants would need to have an option to sell bulk mats in form of maybe crates filled with mats? Would need to allow to drag crate from the vehicle into merchant inventory and the other way.

This way merchants would be still useful and people could find things quicker.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Maiya said:

How many do you think really travel over whole xan to look at such boards ? 

Forgot how big xan is ?

I think you misunderstood or i missexplained with my bad english my idea :D

When you craft, let's say a Trade Board, you can see EVERY WTB/WTS announcements submitted in EVERY Trade Boards. It's just an item you have to craft to access to all trade listings. You don't have to search for one, you can craft your to access to all WTB / WTS players' announcements.

6 hours ago, Wilczan said:

If implementing full action house would be too tedious the maybe easier solution like this:

- Global search window that searches through all the stuf on all merchants on all servers

- Merchant, to be visible on search window must have checked some option (show on global search) to prevent listing items from merchants, that people use for personal storage

- Seach window would list items with prices, merchants names and locations + filters for item types, quality, price range and rarity

- Merchants would need to have an option to sell bulk mats in form of maybe crates filled with mats? Would need to allow to drag crate from the vehicle into merchant inventory and the other way.

THIS! It's a very good idea if you still have to travel to the merchant location to buy and you can PM the merchant owner to negotiate by chat :)

This is exactly what i've explained before, between a click-buy/sell-button auction house and the current horrible system, there is something in the middle probably good and this is typically ideas i would like to see implemented ingame instead of standard themepark MMO auction house.

5 minutes ago, Syhl said:

When you craft, let's say a Trade Board, you can see EVERY WTB/WTS announcements submitted in EVERY Trade Boards. It's just an item you have to craft to access to all trade listings. You don't have to search for one, you can craft your to access to all WTB / WTS players' announcements.

THIS! It's a very good idea if you still have to travel to the merchant location to buy and you can PM the merchant owner to negotiate by chat :)

This is exactly what i've explained before, between a click-buy/sell-button auction house and the current horrible system, there is something in the middle probably good and this is typically ideas i would like to see implemented ingame instead of standard themepark MMO auction house.

ahhhh yah  I missunderstood you :) but now I know what you mean and then I can agree to it :)

On 5/10/2021 at 11:57 PM, Syhl said:

When this was brought up before i think on my 4th attempt at a AH type system one that still involved player travel but made the search and purchase of goods easier people still ripped into it because "herp derp i dont want an AH of any kind"

Path of exile doesnt have a AH(except on the china server) and the economy is so so broken having to use 3rd party(now days there is a official one too but still why) player stash search sites(poe.trade just go have a look and go wtf) and then you copy the message that is generated there for that item and you pm the person and like 10 others for the item and get 0 replies and then sometimes you find the perfect item you want and oh look the person is offline(but the listing is there) or its already sold

In poe the push against the current trade there(which is currently the same as wurms trade really) has gotten so bad that most of the most popular streamers are actually playing solo self found hardcore because they hate the trade league and people who are genuinely good at the game dont need trade to get what they want as they can find it themselves(same as in wurm really you got time you can get everything yourself) and there is even a push now that is growing with the day of implementing something similar to china's AH as if you compare international economy vs china's economy in poe you see 1 plagued with scammers and thieves and weird prices and scalpers meanwhile the chinese one there is none of that you dont get first week exalt scammers you dont get people using similar but fake items or weirdly linked or what ever items their economy is one that works and items are priced properly and accordingly

Say what you want about hating on an AH it has been proven many times to work especially when implemented properly or even simple ones still work well hence why 1 of my ideas was a single AH npc per spawn town with no way for the player to make their own so you still have to travel(as some people whined about not traveling anymore if ah was put in -.-) and still that wasnt good
The people who dont want an AH come up with insanely weird reasons like "oh i want to travel" but then complain about lack of time or "oh i want to communicate" but then complain about not being able to figure out proper pricing or getting ignored and so on and these same people who are against an AH will turn around and complain the economy is dead :(

A mmo with a player driven economy would benefit from an AH that way your career blacksmiths cant overprice newbies and your occasional seller can check average item price of an item to figure out what to sell their item for

On 5/10/2021 at 5:49 PM, Wilczan said:

You want the benefits that an AH offers without the instant purchase and delivery that an AH provides this has been suggested in many topics(2 of mine) and the usual anti AH crowd shuts even that idea down

I'm really sorry, no offense but now i understand why you argue for an AH in Wurm Online comparing it with Path of Exile (i played a lot) ... this is totally a non-sense comparing Wurm Online with an ARPG and even any other MMORPG (i played a lot AAA and "sandbox" too).

You are totally wrong and you are making shortcuts and "caricatures" (dunno if it's the same meaning in french and in english) of what Wurm players who are against an AH are.

You are dreaming a market change with an AH telling us lack of an AH is the only reason the market is dead and again: you are wrong. An AH would be just a "tool" to serve a dynamic economy it's not the reason why the economy is inactive.

There are so many improvements and changes to make ingame to reactivate an economy than an AH would do.

An example, already suggested i'm not for, is to increase use DMG on tools /items or increase the QL loss with repairing. This is kind of things that could make a market and an economy to turn more active as you will create more demand vs offer.

The "problem" of Wurm Online is, and always has been, the balance between offer and demand. Wurm Online always had too high offer vs too low demand. THIS is the core problem, not the lack of AH.

Make changes to balance demand vs offer ratio and you will have a dynamic economy.

- Saying those who doesn't want an AH are old players who wants to scam new players

- Saying "The people who dont want an AH come up with insanely weird reasons like "oh i want to travel" but then complain about lack of time or "oh i want to communicate" but then complain about not being able to figure out proper pricing or getting ignored and so on and these same people who are against an AH will turn around and complain the economy is dead"

- Saying "A mmo with a player driven economy would benefit from an AH that way your career blacksmiths cant overprice newbies and your occasional seller can check average item price of an item to figure out what to sell their item for"

+ Compairing Wurm Online with PoE .... proves to anybody reading your post you just want an AH, no real arguments except criticizing those who are against it...

Please don't quote me again, it's my last post on this thread : You suggested something, you arguments didn't convince me, so it's a BIG -1

PS: Sorry for my bad english i'm not native english.

47 minutes ago, wipeout said:

You want the benefits that an AH offers without the instant purchase and delivery that an AH provides this has been suggested in many topics(2 of mine) and the usual anti AH crowd shuts even that idea down

Yeah, I wanted to set some kind of middleground.

1 hour ago, wipeout said:

Path of exile doesnt have a AH(except on the china server) and the economy is so so broken having to use 3rd party(now days there is a official one too but still why) player stash search sites(poe.trade just go have a look and go wtf) and then you copy the message that is generated there for that item and you pm the person and like 10 others for the item and get 0 replies and then sometimes you find the perfect item you want and oh look the person is offline(but the listing is there) or its already sold

Wurm has this, but I don't think anybody uses it because of all the rampant undercutting. It works a bit like poe.trade just without any wurm API stuff so all field entries are done manually.

https://wurmtrade.com/

EaqIxzS.png

It's cool, but Syhl is right.

Edited by Antony
added a picture for those who cba to visit the site

15 hours ago, Antony said:

Wurm has this, but I don't think anybody uses it because of all the rampant undercutting. It works a bit like poe.trade just without any wurm API stuff so all field entries are done manually.

https://wurmtrade.com/

EaqIxzS.png

It's cool, but Syhl is right.

ya last listing Oct 10, 2020 so like pretty dead at this point but i saw when that first came up it would have been nice to use but not enough people are using it :( or even know of using it and well undercutting tends to balance itself out in time anyway its more over that people just didn't really want to bother with an out of game object a reason why poe.trade got a official replacement https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search and still that isnt enough poe also has multiple trade chats but they just get spammed none stop and its near impossible to find what you want in it

On 3/10/2020 at 8:48 PM, Ahsesino said:

Wagoner
Wagoner services now yield a % to deed upkeep to deeds that have them, if used by other players in game to deliver merchandise to a trader hub or if used by a player who just purchased bulk materials to be delivered to his deed or village.

This already happens.