Sign in to follow this  
Lisimba

Keybinds of different toons polluting each other

I've had issues with the keybinds of two toons ending up in the config of the other toon. I have "Keybindings Source" in the profile (both use the same profile) set to "Player Folder" so this should not happen.

I checked today, and what happens is this:

• With both toons logged in, I use the quick keybind feature to set "Delete" to "No target" for toon A, and to "Track" for toon B.
  • Checking keybindings.txt in each toon's player folder, this is saved correctly.
  • I quit the game first for toon A, then for toon B. Both keybindings.txt are still correct.
  • I load the launcher. Toon B is preselected in the Name box. I select toon A in the launcher.
  • At this point both keybindings.txt are still correct. "Delete" is "No target" for toon A, and "Track" for toon B.
  • I hit "Play" and the game starts.
  • Checking keybindings.txt, "Delete" for toon A is now set to "Track". This is confirmed in game. Somehow toon A got toon B's keybind.

Does the launcher somehow load and remember the keybinds of whatever toon was first selected instead of the toon that actually gets logged in?

• Like 1

I have seen some wonky things with keybinds that the Staff never addressed, such as my client duplicating entries to the point it'd take the launcher 10min to load because my keybinds.txt file became 15mb lol.

There is an option in the settings to move the keybinds.txt to the player folders, this is what you need here.  It will then look for your keybinds on a PER character basis and overwriting will no longer be an issue.  When set this way, I prefer to Edit thid manually in the .txt files as Wurm likes to set some silly default keybinds.  I also copy and paste in each folder to make a backup for reasons like above.

I hope this helps!

15kzYSc.png

Edited by Nomadikhan

I appreciate your reply but like I said, I *already* have that set to "Player Folder". I've verified that it uses a different keybindings.txt for each toon, but it still mixes up binds.