Sign in to follow this  
Muse

Valrei item missions - valrei mission items too infrequent

With 2 missions for Valrei items active on Deliverance at the moment (Magranon 49 items, Libila 36 items), I think we should stand a pretty good chance of finding enough Valrei mission items between us, but no..

I have just investigated over 1000 tiles with a trowel this evening and found only one Valrei mission item.

This took well over an hour.    Even with all players on Deliverance searching, we would probably not be able to complete these two missions, the finds are just too infrequent.

If something has changed to the Valrei Item % chance, please consider taking another look at it.

A newbie archaeologist started tonight - he's gone from Arch level 1 to arch level 15 this evening and still not found one Valrei mission item.

Thanks for considering the problem.

We haven't made any direct changes to mission item probability, only one missed change that requires the specific named item for them. 

Make sure to investigate off deeds and on old deed tiles, you cannot get it on deed or on a tile which no deed ever existed. It's about a 1/50 chance if memory serves correctly. 

Digging is a 1/250 chance provided the dirt layer goes down one (to combat digging on clay/tar). 

Edited by Retrograde
Edit: corrected digging chances

I agree, i dag around 1k dirt, off-deed to get 1 item, when before was getting it way earlier

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

We haven't made any direct changes to mission item probability, only one missed change that requires the specific named item for them.

Make sure to investigate off deeds and on old deed tiles, you cannot get it on deed or on a tile which no deed ever existed. It's about a 1/50 chance if memory serves correctly. 

Digging is a 1/250 chance provided the dirt layer goes down one (to combat digging on clay/tar). 

This seems to be the next never documented crap change. Until lately, I started valrei item search on my deed which covers 100% of a former deed (House of Khnum by Marzhr), and repeatedly found Valrei items. Obviously that possibility has been removed without further notice.

What satisfaction do you get or what positive outcome do you expect from permanently bashing and frustrating your existing playerbase? 

Definitely much less than 1/50 actual chance. Usually I fill about 10 barrels with frags for 4-5 valreis. Always off deed, always on old deed tiles - I have about 20 cache reports in my inventory now.

3 hours ago, Ekcin said:

This seems to be the next never documented crap change. Until lately, I started valrei item search on my deed which covers 100% of a former deed (House of Khnum by Marzhr), and repeatedly found Valrei items. Obviously that possibility has been removed without further notice.

What satisfaction do you get or what positive outcome do you expect from permanently bashing and frustrating your existing playerbase? 

That has never been changed, it's how it came in at the start. 

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

2100 dirt dug, only 4 items.

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

you cannot get it on deed

I was 100% on deed and found 1 in 1000+ on deed tiles.

Formerly I was usually finding 4-6 on deed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kelody said:

1/250 means 1 in 250 chance per dirt dug, not 1 per 250 dirt dug. It's the same math that makes you fail more than 70% of the time when you have a 30% chance to make something.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kelody said:

At a chance of 1/250 per dig there's about a 7.8% chance of finding 4 or fewer items in 2100 digs. That's unlucky but certainly possible, and even with the relatively small playerbase of Wurm it'd happen all the time to *someone*.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zethreal said:

1/250 means 1 in 250 chance per dirt dug, not 1 per 250 dirt dug. It's the same math that makes you fail more than 70% of the time when you have a 30% chance to make something.

That is right. As well as one may find 2 items after digging ways less than 250 dirt, it is well possible to dig 2000 without a single find, similar mutatis mutandis with arch investigating. Following the weak law of large numbers, frequency and chance will be equal in eternity only but should approximate on the way. Therefore, of course, there is never proof that something is working irregularly. Evidence of large aberrations should not be discarded lightly, though.