Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

[Fixed] Monthly LMS Skin shows old model for others

[18:11:24] <Saintkoolaid> [20:10:04] <Saintkoolaid> Friend says "Look at my new shield. I painted it black." I see a black Large Metal Shield, but when she sends me a screenshot, it's this https://imgur.com/KUDfDzi

Confirmed using an alt, skin is not showing for other players. It will show for the player who has the item equipped though. It seems that if the player has it equipped before a player logs in(or is out of local), it will show as a normal LMS. If the player equips it AFTER the the other player is in their local, it will render properly.

3rd person view

T576aMw.jpg

Alts view

f1IL1Fg.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like it depends on graphics settings - did not test deeply but the new skin did not show on a setting which has legacy renderer for me (but almost all other settings are very low there too)

Seems to be a number of different things which I'll write up.  If the wearer removes the shield and equips it again with the watcher present, the graphics will show up fine.  If the watcher logs out and back in, the graphics are back to shield without skin.

• Like 1

If the watcher leaves the area where the shield is and then returns to that area the shield goes back to looking like the shield without the skin.

Even if you give the LMS to the alt. It has the same issue.

My steps:

Alt got the skin token.

Traded skin token

Main used skin token on LMS.

Interesting note:  If you place the skinned shield on the ground. Then log out/in. it will render in as the skin, (works on main and alt.)

But after you pick the LMS up and equip.  steps noted in OP post i will come back.

Edited by gorgian

I bought 2 Large metal shield skins for this month and every time I login I must un-equip and requip for the server to realize I have the monthly skin. Can this be corrected so auto detects the skin for the monthly skin?

Mahalo