Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

2 step authentication

With the rule change out lined below. I feel we as players have not been given enough security option to make this rule binding.  With out a 2 step authentication option.

(which is now a standard in security practice of online security by the way).  P.S. Steam has it ;) 

by Enki

Updated Account Rules section of Game Rules and updated EULA section.

Account Security

A ) Keep your passwords secure at all times!  (You are solely responsible for the security of your accounts.)

B ) You are responsible for all activity on your accounts

• Cat 1

If it is an option and not a duty, +1 (otherwise -1)

• Like 1

As an infosec professional I have to agree it is standard practice and probably should be an option. I won't use it though. Its just a game and my passwords are sufficient protection for the level of risk involved. Also it shouldn't require a smartphone.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, gorgian said:

With the rule change out lined below. I feel we as players have not been given enough security option to make this rule binding.  With out a 2 step authentication option.

(which is now a standard in security practice of online security by the way).  P.S. Steam has it ;) 

by Enki

Updated Account Rules section of Game Rules and updated EULA section.

Account Security

A ) Keep your passwords secure at all times!  (You are solely responsible for the security of your accounts.)

B ) You are responsible for all activity on your accounts

Seems really unacceptable for a company to back from any responsibility or support to a paying customer,

but than again complaining here won't change anything.. what can one do, other than shut up about it ¯\(°_o)

2nd step auth should be easily implemented... CC already uses 2nd step google authenticator for the forum logins, makes sense to offer it once more and reuse it.