Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 09 MAR 20

I've double checked the code and there is zero chance that this fix has affected any situations outside of the ones mentioned (moonmetal/steel material, Vynora deity bonus).

If you see worse repairing results after the change than you did before, it is purely due to the RNG involved in the repairing - you are not going to see the consistent results when comparing a small amount of repair actions.

The quality amount lowered by the repair action is not dependent on the action time, and this doesn't in any way punish repairing items more often, or reduce the usefulness of the repairing skill.

We should have clarified that the repairing timers have always been capped at 2 seconds, unless the material bonus brought it below that, or more recently the Vynora follower bonus. This was not intentional, and the two second lower cap was meant to be applied after the bonus calculations, not before, which is all the fix was. Mind you this may not be exactly the same action time that your game client shows, which can differ slightly, but an internal server counter.

The bugfix effectively resulted in somewhat of a nerf to some steel, and most moonmetal material items, sure. It did not affect anything outside of that, and if you notice it did, again, this must be only due to the limited time that this change has been live, hence the limited sample sets showing bad luck with the randomized skill checks, which have always been there.

I'm locking this thread for now since it's no longer near a constructive discussion, and this post should explain what the change actually was. Feel free to open a suggestion thread and discuss it in a civilized manner if you feel the material bonuses no longer provide enough of a difference after the bug was fixed, and we'll make sure to consider further if those need tweaking. For the record, accusing developers of lying based on anecdotal knowledge you've gained over one day is neither constructive or reasonable.

Another thing for the record, we're not going to hold off on fixing bugs that have been there for years just because they've become the meta, or just have been assumed to be intended (which this clearly was not)

With the very limited development manpower we have, which is a handful of contracted developers and volunteers, certain things tend to slip through the cracks, but I do believe that the main fault here was us not classifying this as a high priority issue earlier on. We're taking steps to avoid situations like that in the future, and I apologize that the fix has come so late and for our lack of communication on the matter before the fix.

• Like 12