Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 09 MAR 20

PatchNotes-1.png
  • New: The monthly Marks skin for March has been added: Shield of the Ageless (large metal shield)
shields-1.png
  • Change: Wooden nameplate use changes listed below.
    • Wooden nameplate rename text should now default to only the name you’re changing, not the prefixes (like “fat” or “aged”).
    • Wooden nameplate rename feature should now abort with an error message if you try to rename a creature the same thing it was named before.
  • Change: A server name has been added to the deed upkeep email for those people with deeds on various servers.
  • Change: Fishing Rod Rack, Shield Rack and Saddle Rack are now Fine Carpentry instead of Carpentry. Saddle and Shield rack components have been changed to include pegs in the construction.
  • Bugfix: Fix for some missions not having a deity name.
  • Bugfix: Slope mouseover details should now be visible at the correct distance based on your digging skill and Magranon bonus if applicable.
  • Bugfix: Repair timers should now have a 2s minimum even after reduction due to deity/material, and this should result in at least some QL loss every time.
  • Bugfix: Fixed spacing issue in battlecamp raiding text.
  • Bugfix: Text space issue corrected in the care for message.
  • ART Bugfix: Glimmersteel and Adamantine hammers now have the proper graphics.
  • Bugfix: Elevation is now again premium only

5 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Repair timers should now have a 2s minimum even after reduction due to deity/material, and this should result in at least some QL loss every time.

rip moonmetal tools and weapons, you were nice while you lasted

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

It’s all Vynora’s fault. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Repair timers should now have a 2s minimum even after reduction due to deity/material, and this should result in at least some QL loss every time.

Was too good to be true to finally have a benefit from high ql + high repair skill.

Quess i don't try that "balancing" out on my good pickaxe for a couple of days.

I don't even like shields.. but that one 👆 looks amazing!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

This is why we cant have nice things.

• Like 4

I'm still amazed about all the "fine tweaks" and supposedly medium/low bonuses for steel-moonmetal things like: 
- only 20% less damage / - only 5% lower repairing speed etc.

Then you find out that people actually want steel stuff, and you're like "oh, and i tought that I was minmaxing the game, everyone wants steel tools just because of that 20% lower damage? nicel"
Then, 2 years later, you find out that the actual bonus of steel tools was actually "permanent 0ql loss" and many people abused that for more than an entire year. As soon as most of the community gets a little taste of the nice "0QL loss feature" it instantly gets fixed and rips away the sense of moonmetal/steel tools all along, making them useless again.

Since it's pretty obvious that you don't have an actual feel of the game mechanics when it comes to a slightly-deeper level of playstile (or you would have noticed that, in 2 years) , i would suggest to at least make up for the huge mess by giving back a little portion of the experience that most people "missed out on" by not knowing. Like by making steel and moonmetal actually useful for everyone in an actually intended way, i.e.  by raising those "damage reductions" bonuses to a level that makes them actually worth of spending the effort to even produce and improve them, it would also make sense that high QL  tools and weapons would lose QL a bit slower, so that we can have some middle way between "it's not even worth it to imp a pickaxe past 94ql or you spend more time imping than mining" and "98.xxQL steel tools that last forever"

Edited by Davih
  • Like 5

Well i wonted to play but, seen a few things broken in the game. Which I'm sure you already know. seeing chat all over this in game.. the 2 that i noticed wagner, highway system, no loyalty. and that as far as i need to go. logged out waiting for a fix.

Edited by gorgian

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

• New: The monthly Marks skin for March has been added: Shield of the Ageless (large metal shield)
  • Change: Wooden nameplate use changes listed below.
    • Wooden nameplate rename text should now default to only the name you’re changing, not the prefixes (like “fat” or “aged”).
    • Wooden nameplate rename feature should now abort with an error message if you try to rename a creature the same thing it was named before.
  • Change: A server name has been added to the deed upkeep email for those people with deeds on various servers.
  • Change: Fishing Rod Rack, Shield Rack and Saddle Rack are now Fine Carpentry instead of Carpentry. Saddle and Shield rack components have been changed to include pegs in the construction.
  • Bugfix: Slope mouseover details should now be visible at the correct distance based on your digging skill and Magranon bonus if applicable.
  • Bugfix: Repair timers should now have a 2s minimum even after reduction due to deity/material, and this should result in at least some QL loss every time.
  • Bugfix: Fixed spacing issue in battlecamp raiding text.
  • Bugfix: Text space issue corrected in the care for message.
  • ART Bugfix: Glimmersteel and Adamantine hammers now have the proper graphics.
  • Bugfix: Elevation is now again premium only

All missions getting a deity name was fixed so hard that it appeared in the patch notes twice...

• Like 4

On Indy the Vyn mission isn't fixed.

Description:  urges you to slay 55 Wild cats that have appeared across the land.

8 minutes ago, Magg said:

On Indy the Vyn mission isn't fixed.

Description:  urges you to slay 55 Wild cats that have appeared across the land.

The fix will only apply to newly spawned missions.  Existing missions will not be corrected.

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

If I understood that right, the half-assed bonus on repair time with its bug was now "fixed" by nerfing MM and steel items. Hmm .. could the devs think once more about?

Btw. sadly, the ###### is back on pottery items. Was nice the short time improvement lasted.

Edit about pottery items: After having done some improvement work, I must say that the changes are working well, at least for me as Vynora follower. While there is some ql loss on repair (as it should be), the insane rollercoaster of ql loss on repair and painful re-imping is gone.

Edited by Ekcin

Starting to feel like every single patch is directed at me.

Not liking it.

Spent a lot of silvers on a rare seryll knife to chop veggies. Got a nice pattern going with chop+ repair so I didn't have to stand at the forge every few days. Now...

*throws hands up in air* 

You know, if you don't want me to continue to chop and sell veggies, just say so. 

Edited by ChampagneDragon
  • Like 3

The market is a mess enough already with supply being way higher than demand, I wasn't aware of this 2s repair time abuse, but sounds like it's a good thing that it was fixed. Perhaps steel and the moon metals don't do enough for reducing damage, but steel has felt fine to me these last few years as I've been using it  without abusing this repair thing.

As for people complaining they invested money in expensive tools because they knew of this repair bug and purposefully wanted to abuse it, are you seriously surprised? Did you seriously not think that it was too good to be true and still invested silver into it?

As somebody who doesn't use shields, that shield looks great. I'm seriously considering getting that skin

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

As for people complaining they invested money in expensive tools because they knew of this repair bug and purposefully wanted to abuse it, are you seriously surprised? Did you seriously not think that it was too good to be true and still invested silver into it?

Abuse? Use a material that is supposed to have reduced damage (seryll) have high repair skill, and be diligent about repairing before damage is significant is abuse??

Mandating that every repair action is 2s is abuse. It completely negates the supposed benefit of seryll, and negates the hours upon hours spent on grinding repair skill....

• Like 7

LOOOOL. Dont even try to repair stuff until it has some 10 dmg.. As even it has 0.02 dmg, it gets "repaired" 2s and looses like 0.1 QL... Once again - GREAT JOB DEVS!

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

this is a terrible change, i dont personally use these materials but ALOT of folks do, and diligently maintain there equipment, what is the point of repair time reduction runes now, vynora's repair speed bonus, or using steel or moonmetals over basic iron now. Best i can tell they take the same amount of damage as iron tools if your repairing often, to me it appears your now PUNISHING the ppl who are diligent about tool repair and maintenance. I do agree that tools should take SOME damage from repairing, but this is overkill. If anything you should just lower the threshhold for damage from 2s to something like 1.5s Thus ensuring that items will still take modest damage, but not negating the time bonuses from the above mentioned things. while at the same time increasing the resistance to damage on moon metals at least. This would be much more balanced in the variety of situations.

• Like 7

I have mixed feelings, and imagine more changes will be coming to repair. While I disagree that repairing after every action should prevent any decay, .1 ql loss for minor repairs seems a bit extreme too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kelody said:

I have mixed feelings, and imagine more changes will be coming to repair. While I disagree that repairing after every action should prevent any decay, .1 ql loss for minor repairs seems a bit extreme too.

Kel, I have Salacia chopping pretty much all day while she's on. Pattern has been fill four satchels with veggies, chop all, repair, empty and refill satchels. My rare seryll knife takes small damage, and I do have to imp it. It's not a free pass. 

with this change: knife 91.12 quality, 800 chopped, .78 damage on knife repair, knife 90.98 quality. This might not seem like much, but in the past I could chop for a week and need a repair. At this rate I'll need to repair DAILY.

Edited by ChampagneDragon
typo

1 hour ago, Ecrir said:

As for people complaining they invested money in expensive tools because they knew of this repair bug and purposefully wanted to abuse it,

I have asked multiple times over the last 2 years in CA Help about this, was ignored, i have posted about this (in a reply) on forums, no reaction. I took it as a new feature. All alloys and moon metals worked like this for years. Now i learn, after asking about it, and getting no response either way and investing money in tools, that this is in fact a bug. I am glad that there won't be any more updates in WU.

• Like 4

i feel less remorse over selling my supreme mm stuff now actually

a weight off my shoulders

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Locath said:

I have asked multiple times over the last 2 years in CA Help about this, was ignored, i have posted about this (in a reply) on forums, no reaction. I took it as a new feature. All alloys and moon metals worked like this for years. Now i learn, after asking about it, and getting no response either way and investing money in tools, that this is in fact a bug. I am glad that there won't be any more updates in WU.

This is the real issue.

You can't just say "whoops, we didn't know about it, ofc we fixed this!" after literally 2 years.

I have heard from many people that this was reported multiple times and ignored every single time it was reported. Because it was a niche-secret that many people were abusing.

Now that everyone got the easy-qol thingie (i know it's gamebreaking and kinda economy-breaking, but it was still better qol, yes) it gets removed instantly.

You are doing it again, trying to slip a major gamechanging mechanic like a "minor bugfix" In the same way you did when you fixed enchant decay on actions under 5.0s (that one was my fault, because during a discussion i made a developer notice how the game actually works, while hundreds of people already knew and talked about it".

So it's not like you can just say "oh, minor bugfix, did you think it was intended? nah it wasn't" 

You made a huge game change with pretty big consequences that should be addressed at least in some way (like i said above) , please stop treating this kind of changes like they're not a big deal.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, VirusMD said:

this is a terrible change, i dont personally use these materials but ALOT of folks do, and diligently maintain there equipment, what is the point of repair time reduction runes now, vynora's repair speed bonus, or using steel or moonmetals over basic iron now. Best i can tell they take the same amount of damage as iron tools if your repairing often, to me it appears your now PUNISHING the ppl who are diligent about tool repair and maintenance. I do agree that tools should take SOME damage from repairing, but this is overkill. If anything you should just lower the threshhold for damage from 2s to something like 1.5s Thus ensuring that items will still take modest damage, but not negating the time bonuses from the above mentioned things. while at the same time increasing the resistance to damage on moon metals at least. This would be much more balanced in the variety of situations.

It also negates repair skill. Those of us who spent time grinding it, only to see it essentially become worthless.

• Like 6

I'm not sure that it works like some of you are saying btw, repairing 0.0001 damage with a 2s repair action doesn't cause the same QL loss as repairing 10 dmg with a 2s repair action, but yeah, i also think that repair speed should make them faster than 2secs, it's also kind-of a poor-designed fix

Edit: I just repaired a carving knife wtih 15 damage in 2.0 seconds, lost 1.10QL , so yeah, it accounts for the damage that you are actually repairing, so i guess repair skill still matters, but that wasn't really the point of this

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1