Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Key rings

Suggestion as old as time...

I would love them, but with keys having virtually no use nowadays, there really is not much need to implement them.

+1

If there was a system to make keys 'from-thin-air' and craft them 1 by 1.. you could make a key for any item you own that have been locked..

A book could be implemented.. with pages (showing information) for all possible types of containers which are lockable..

there this book/ledger or whatever you want to call it.. can have a LIST of all items you own.. which are locked.. search feature could definitely be useful here...

and from there you could possibly select a container.. and craft a key for it..

current system with permissions only allows remote management for permissions on boats/wagons/carts/transporters/houses/bridge-modification?/ besides these.. any other container type.. can not be remotely managed on same server.. and if you have sacrificed the key for that container.. you'd have to make a new lock.. just because you can not ever make a key for that container and trade it to another person, only manage the container 'in-person' on the spot... which is not always ideal.

this is definitely not needed feature.. but gives some more control to smaller containers and solves the key re-creation  problem if you've 'lost' the original.

+1 It could be good way to separate keys to locks in use from keys to locks yet to be used. As a smith grinding skills I have a lot of both. I have to sort through a pile of keys by ql just to find a match for a lock that someone might need such as a small or large padlock. If I do not take the time to label these on creation they can be a task to locate later on. Having key rings to sort them would be nice.

Edited by Katrat

I am shortly going to be making a lot of locks, and know that I will curse keeping the keys in a bag or bowl.  We can make rings from huge chain links to finger rings to jewelry chains, but a something as basic as a key ring.  Just make it something you can make from an armour chain link, even.

• Like 1