Sign in to follow this  
ThatYoungLad

Menus rework!

Hello

If youve been playing WO for a time youll be now gotten used to its menus and submenus. I am, but also Im a bit over it and I would like an improvement to make the game more dinamic specially for new players. So I surprisingly started to think, and guessed a way to make this: changing the arrow icon based on your activated tool.

Lets say youve activated your rake, and you hover it over a grass tile. Inmediatly, the arrow will change into a rake symbol, and if you left click it will start cultivating the tile. If you have activated a hatchet and hover over a tree tile and left click, youll start to cut it down. Left click several times again and youll queue your actions just like with the crafting panel.

But, what if I hover it over a tree tile 20 tiles away with a hatchet?

Arrow icon wont change if the objective tile its far from your range of action which is always 2 tiles around your character except for imping stuff.

But, what if I have a sickle and hover it over a tree tile?

Optime tool for woodcutting is a hatchet so the symbol will always change to a hatchet, despite you having activated a sickle, longword, etc. Youll see the difference in your timers as usual.

Okay got the idea. If I have the wrong item for the desired tile, lets say a shovel and hover over a rock tile, arrow icon will stay and nothing will happen right?

Aye, wont change.

Got my fishing rod on green and water in front of me. Icon changes to a small fishing rod. Will it stay if i hover over anything else, like a rock tile, or sand or whatever?

Nope. Will stay in the tiles corresponding to the desired action. Once you move it out, it will return to the arrow symbol.

Will the menus and submenus disappear?

Of course not. This change is just for dynamizing and making the action into the game more fluid. If you right click youll be able to exam, quit target, even do the action just like now! This is just an alternative for people sick of clicking menus and using keybinds. You dont want this? stick to your binds and menus, youll be able to keep doing it in the same way as always, but at least theres an alternative ^^.

Lets speak about building.

Easy: activate your building tool, plan the building and plan exactly what you want (window, door, Trump´s hair meme, etc). Left click on the plan and action will automatically be carried out IF you have the needed materials in your inventory until the job is done.

Lets talk about fighting and hunting. How will affect your idea?

In these cases you wont need to activate anything, game will detect your equipped weapon and icon changes based on it (sword icons for any kind of swords, axe icon for any kind of axes, same for bows, halberd for halberd but of course everything in small, around the same size of actual arrow icon). Lets say you have a bear in front of you and you have a huge axe in your handos. Icon will change to a small axe. Same for people in pvp areas. Clicking several times wont work as combat will be automatic, and if you have it manual youll operate with combat panel for attack directions.

How can I get my pigs then? Dont want to kill them!

Calm! this change wont affect neutral mobs, arrow icon will stay on these, unless you have activated any type of rope, then a lace image will appear and youll be able to lead the animal. Simple. Youll have to right click and select attack, although a new thing in settings will appear to allow players to change this and have the weapon symbol over any kind of mob, in case you wake up someday feeling a bit Leatherface and want to murder everything, chickens included. And dont want to right click.

To sum up my idea: this is an alternative to the eternal submenu clicking/keybind, a way to work and play with only your mouse to make things more dynamic and less manual, which in my humble opinion can be positive towards people with zero experience in sandbox or pieces of grinding art like WO is. You activate something, move the arrow over the desire tile and left click. Thats it, action is carried out as long as the used tool can do the action (like longswords and sickles for woodcutting). If not, arrow symbol wont change. If you doubt about how this would affect a certain action leave a reply and Ill find out ^^ hope people like this idea and can be implemented, as a player I find menus tiring, and constant memorizing of keybinds exhausting.

A hug

TYL