Sign in to follow this  
Ignacius

Do wild horses exist on Indy?

Granted I haven't been on the server for very long and I've barely explored 1/10 of the land, but holy crap I've passed ONE wild horse. The other I bought.

Is penning/hoarding of these animals on Indy truly this bad, or have I just been unlucky and only touched lands that don't have them?

PS I've passed like 80 unicorns lol

Edited by Ignacius

For ages you couldn't find a unicorn, I think it just ebbs and flows with all the years of creature tweaks, maybe killing off things will spawn others and rngesus will bring you a horse.

Or you can pm me here in the forums and I'll scrounge up/breed a few 5 speeds for you.

They exist, but they're rare because players tend to grab them as they see them.

Sometimes you might come across a 'waterhorse', which are horses that somehow got into the sea and end up swimming long distances never going back onto land again on their own.

As Angelkaine suggested, you might have some success just asking a for a horse from existing established players willing to help.  Independance has a generally good community with a number of helpful players.  Many of them are animal breeders that usually have a horse or two that have a trait that makes them less than the best and so generally are open to being given away

Horses are spawning more and more, but you have to know where to look. Check around the base of mountains, in wooded areas. Next time I see you, I'll point you to a couple of spots locally where you might have some luck.

If you're just after a few to pull carts and whatnot, I've always got spares if you're not bothered about colour.