Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Celebration Lag

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or shouldn't be posted, but the lag on Celebration is getting real.   I just had a spirit castle take 11 minutes to mail something when the casted power of the box is 90 and it stated 10 or less.  This same box normally takes 6min~.

• Like 2

I have several seconds of lag spikes during the last days about as frequent of what made me to move off from Xanadu.

More or less I can correlate the beginning of it to the database changes a few weeks ago - maybe it is totally unrelated of course. Also it feels getting worse and worse each day.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

When I play in two tabs, I can definitely see the lag, because what I do on one character only happens in the window of the other character a few seconds later. Also, there are lag spikes where timers are just not ending, kind of like it used to be on Xan.

• Like 1

We'll be doing some investigating over the next week or so, see if we can find any cele specific lag for things

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or shouldn't be posted, but the lag on Celebration is getting real.   I just had a spirit castle take 11 minutes to mail something when the casted power of the box is 90 and it stated 10 or less.  This same box normally takes 6min~.

Odd that it would say 10 mins or less, because mail time is 101 minus cast power.  101-90 = 11 minutes

• Like 1

Over the last few days me and my friend have had terrible lag. So much refreshing and finishing. We both run 2 characters each.

4 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Also, far as I am aware, lag wouldn't effect the server the item is being mailed from, as items in the mail arrive at their destination server instantly, and then wait the X minutes based on the power of the sending mailbox before they become available. This is why you must be on the server you were on when an item is sent to you, vs. being on it within the X time to arrival.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Also, far as I am aware, lag wouldn't effect the server the item is being mailed from, as items in the mail arrive at their destination server instantly, and then wait the X minutes based on the power of the sending mailbox before they become available. This is why you must be on the server you were on when an item is sent to you, vs. being on it within the X time to arrival.

Never left the server, and as stated above I guess it technically should be 11 minutes but I don't normally have to wait quite that long.

Even so, as others have corroborated, something is amiss... the lag is real.  Had a 17sec lag spike that told me to move slower because my position on the server isn't updated.  Hamster's aren't aging so well :P

Edited by Nomadikhan

Yeah the lag is absolutely dreadful and talk about it has been common and frequent in server chat. I'm on Xanadu and the lag is LESS over here. I know it's nearly the weekend but please god someone look into it soon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We'll be doing some investigating over the next week or so, see if we can find any cele specific lag for things

You have said this before and your final result every time is "we wont do anything about it" aint holding up my hopes this time either but the lag is getting worse with the day

the lag has gotten to the point where every few minutes there is a few seconds of a hickup now no matter who is playing or from where and everyone gets them at the same time vs the random sporadic lag we where getting last time this was mentioned but all i know it its getting worse and worse and worse with the day :(

Have to agree with my fellow Celebrants. This is getting worse. I have had 2 separate instances where I lagged for nearly 2 mins. I exited the game for a full 10 mins, logged back in, and within a short time, I lagged out again. It also pretty bad when people leave Cele to go to Xan and comment that the lag on Xan is less than Cele. Please do us a favor and fix this. Don't shove it off to the side as it might not seem high priority atm. I know a lot of us would greatly appreciate it.

• Like 1

i left indy to live on cele to get away from the lag there, but apparently you can never truly leave the lag behind

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

i left indy to live on cele to get away from the lag there, but apparently you can never truly leave the lag behind

1206233276-soylent-green-2.png

Celent lag is people. Its people!

2470dc3e00f7c65539a421dc1e5634a3.png

cele lag

bea60b83e4d75a4c55d01e3a3b1c3d57.png

xanadu lag

thats just impressively bad lol, atleast xanadus lag is stable

• Like 2

Well xan just stops updating and freezes. You can see all the graphs just flatline regularly, even the online players. You're better off comparing to Indie

lag-day.png

I have an American School Bus song just for this thread, it's something we as kids used to pass the time when the Buses lagged on the way to school!

It's the lag that won't ever end

It goes on and on my friend

Some people, started singing not really knowing what it was

and now they sing it forever and ever just because

(repeat until your school bus driver, aka @Retrogradesays stop)

In case your having trouble singing this beautiful lag song, here's an instructional video to help!

Spoiler

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

Any update? I've literally left Cele to go to Xanadu to work the lag is so bad.

Its at the point where I just log out and go play something else sometimes..

We have been in this lag problem for  over a month now.. how longer can we wait!

Lag spikes are 7-10 seconds now for me as well...

Yeah some days it’s really really bad.. other days it’s less. And it’s crazy that im even glad with that cause it’s better than the bad days. 
There should be no lag!

I want to be able to enter my own gates, please fix this!

Maybe it's time for a root cause analysis?

What causes it.. can it be fixed.. anything optimized..

Why is it happening on cele and not other servers?

I see Celebration players: 22/400 as online count... can't be the people...

Agree; the lag was non-existent two-three months ago and now is so frustrating I'm hard pressed to stay logged in and play.  Doesn't seem to matter if I login one character or three; one character will refresh and the other doesn't.  Also been disembarked from my knarr a lot and have been disembarked from a cart while leaving a mine.  Sometimes have to relog in order to embark the knarr again.