Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

[Bug] Disembarked from ship/horse/vehicle

This is also happening on wagons when navigating shallow water or difficult terrain. I have a 10 slope depth pool I park my boats at then I load / unload them with the wagon. Never had any issues before. Now I get kicked off my wagon constantly in a matter of seconds.

a29037c963db07e7508fe0faed1565c1.png

Its easily reproducible. In order to reprouce, make a pool 10 slope deep and drive around it with your wagon. You'll constantly get kicked off it. 

Whenever the wagon is having a hard time driving through terrain, it just kicks you off. 

had it happen yesterday a few times on horse in shallow water, also randomly in knarr

Had this issue happen to me last night multiple times in a row. I was out riding around on my horse looking for a Path of Power tile. As I was running down a hill to leash mobs off of me I was instantly booted off of my horse and sent flying down the cliff side resulting in my death. I then grabbed another wild horse and was going back to my place of death to retrieve my corpse to which the exact same thing happened again. I did this multiple times resulting in 4 deaths before I could retrieve all my belongings. This is a very frustrating bug as even just riding around in close proximity to my deed I am getting booted off of my horse. Getting booted off usually at 0 stamina and getting slain by mobs in the area.

The bug seems to have some connection to lags. I got thrown off my horse twice when leaving my mine, riding up two tiles to the road, then u-turning to head up to my deed. I suddenly was thrown off my horse which I found at the mine door after relog. Similar issues several times when leaving a cave on horseback and cart where the path outside the cave entrance turns 90° west. Luckily I ended on that path not on the cliff below.  Remounting and reembarking needed entering the cave again.

Edit: The events described are only a few among several similar occurrences during the last weeks, on ships, carts, wagons, and horses.

Edited by Ekcin

It has happened to me also several times while piloting a knarr,  one where I was coming out of a cave canal and the other 2 in the lake Tortuga/fog lake area

My take on this seems to be a combination of lag and crossing terrain that you wouldn't be able to pass and would catch on under normal circumstance.

For example, whilst mounted on a horse or embarked on a vehicle  if I clip the corner of a tile that has a slope that wouldn't allow me to cross that tile and I am lagging, I will get dismounted at the location I appear to be on the client, whilst the horse / vehicle will be found back at the tile that it was unable to cross. As commented on above, this requires a relog to be able to find the horse or vehicle, as the client doesn't seem to be able to locate where the method of transport was left visually.

Edited by Delone

So, since about the new sailing system came in, the embark bug is back, but in combination with the lag it's more severe...

I just wanted to know if it's known / being worked on.

I realize that your focus right now is to get the game ready for steam, but please keep in mind that with severe bugs like this one it's gonna get a lot of flak.

In the case people don't know the "embark bug", here is a brief explanation, people can add to it if they know more:

You get desynced with the server, lose connection for a brief time and boom, you got it.

You get randomly thrown off your vehicle you are on, doesn't matter if it's a horse, boat, wagon or cart, this bug throws you off everything.

The only thing to "fix" it currently, is to leave the world (logout for /lotime) and then you are good UNTIL you lose connection again.

Please let us know if it's being worked on, thanks.

Edited by Quicktor
  • Cat 1

should have looked at server bugs, i saw this bug was posted there on march 5th

can add my post to it something, sorry 

Have this bug too now. Directly after crossing from Pristine to Celebration(which took me 25 minutes, believe it or not) i enter the ship and get disembarked after 3 secs

Edit: relogged to see if it helps, now i see that i'm still on Pristine.

But it doesn't drop me off when entering as a passenger ! how this helps....

Edited by Reskal

I did a little journey today on my new Knarr and well, each time I turn my Knarr and the speed drops from 16kmh down to 6kmh I get disembarked. I am pretty confident that it has something got do with the speedchange. Using wsad to change direction. Doesn't matter weather I turn left or right or bid or small turn.

Edited by Morbidae

I would appreciate a status for that bug. Happened to me twice yesterday being disembarked/dismounted needing to relog to be able to lead my horse/embark my cart.

The pattern is quite similar every time: either when leaving/entering caves, or when crossing terrain which is on the edge of being rideable/driveable, or doing sharp turns, or combinations of all the above. Lag seems to worsen it and increase occurrence.

Edited by Ekcin

Bump. This is killing people regularly. Seriously needs attention.

Happened to me twice today and yes it is killing players. A friend and I spent all night looking for his corpse at the bottom of a mountain after he was randomly disembarked from his cart on a steep incline. So yes please give this issue some attention!

Edited by Katrat

On a side note some players are also getting shot up into the air after disembarking from the passenger seat in a cart and taking a good bit of damage when they land.

There is a man made lake on deli (Around H7) where you can easily get a repeat on this bug.  It is a shallow lake/pond in which you can walk through and happens when riding a horse.  Probably to shallow for boats though.  Pushing W and D at the same time, happening 90% of the time on the tile that transitions from land to lake (first water tile).

EDIT:  Also happens very easily when just turning.  Holding A or D.

Edited by Smokie
More info

Also happened to both me and someone else today. Like above, in shallow water.

[03:47:27] You leave the old fat Madnath.
[03:47:28] Illiteratnerd leaves the "Illiteratnerd".
[03:47:29] You kiss Illiteratnerd.
[03:47:30] You start leading the old fat Madnath.
[03:47:34] You mount on the old fat Madnath as the driver.
[03:47:34] You stop leading the old fat Madnath.
[03:47:36] Illiteratnerd rides on the "Illiteratnerd" as the driver.

Happened to me all over NE Rel, could be any manoeuvre any speed but generally near shallows or dry land.

This happens to me several times every time I'm out hunting (Xanadu) . I get ejected from my horse and have to lead it and ride it again. Can be very nasty in some situations when out of stamina.  On big slopes I get ejected more than other places but it can happen any time. If it happens at high speed the horse continues onward several squares on the local screen but on the server it is inthe same place I was ejected, this makes it even harder to start leading it again.

This bug is the worst I can remember affecting me during my many years of Wurming.. Please fix fast !

Edited by Torgrim

Xanadu, cart and knarr disembarks

• I've been disembarked from a cart while leaving a mine. This seems to be very common. Usually this is at a time when I've experienced lag.
  • I've been disembarked from a knarr many times when making sharp turns at speed. This seems to be associated with server lag. The chance of being kicked out seems to drop to zero if I'm not moving quickly.

All my observations of forced disembarks are consistent with it being triggered by a client-server mismatch in player position. It seems to me that a dead-reckoning algorithm predicting the player's position based on previous known speed and orientation would account for the ship disembarks. Leaving a mine presumably is a different but related discontinuity in player position.

Edited by Sheffie

On 5/17/2020 at 3:38 PM, Katrat said:

On a side note some players are also getting shot up into the air after disembarking from the passenger seat in a cart and taking a good bit of damage when they land.

Is an ejection seat a bug or a feature?  😄

On 6/14/2020 at 9:30 PM, TheTrickster said:

Is an ejection seat a bug or a feature?  😄

lol

wurm.20200822.2342.jpgHad this issue yet again. At least three times today alone. *sigh*

Edited by Katrat

Im going to NEcro this sucker cause i just got kicked off my caravel 20+ times sailing in open water..and cart coming out of mine and wagon.

We going to call this a feature now?  Multiple people in Ca chat saying its going on with them to.

Was there a fix for it i did not see a dev response?

• Like 1