Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

[Bug] Disembarked from ship/horse/vehicle

[11:27:37] You leave the "Stonehaven Warship"

Was just turning and got kicked off my ship, first time it's happened since the last patch.

• Like 1

It happen to me too lat night,i was to sleepy to report it tho.

I've just had this happen too. Sailing at full speed, not touching any keys, then did a 90 degree turn into a canal  (in shallow water in a knarr if it makes any difference) and was dropped in the water. 

Event log just said 'You leave the Bandersnatch' and when I reboarded, I was still at full speed sailing.

31 minutes ago, crimsonearth said:

I've just had this happen too. Sailing at full speed, not touching any keys, then did a 90 degree turn into a canal  (in shallow water in a knarr if it makes any difference) and was dropped in the water. 

Event log just said 'You leave the Bandersnatch' and when I reboarded, I was still at full speed sailing.

What keys did you use to make that 90 degree turn (mouse, arrow, letters, reboundkeys)  

Thanks in advance.

Mine was on a left turn pressing A  close to 90 degree too

1 hour ago, Alectrys said:

What keys did you use to make that 90 degree turn (mouse, arrow, letters, reboundkeys)  

Thanks in advance.

Right hand turn using 'D' key for me. I play on a laptop with a trackpad, so no mice here.

1 hour ago, crimsonearth said:

Right hand turn using 'D' key for me. I play on a laptop with a trackpad, so no mice here.

Exact same thing, was turning to port using the 'A' key, hard to port to turn around a landmass.  Same message as crimsonearth.

Same happened to me this morning using D key to turn right

Well, this just makes sense to me.  I don't think it is a fault.   If you are under full sail and heel hard the ship would lean way over and likely tip the unready into the drink.  😇

This keeps happening..i hope they are looking in to it.

I had this same thing happen in a canal, turning with the D key. 

It happens for me as well I can even show a shallow tunnel to the Devs where it is very common to trigger. It happened to me only at that spot for weeks so I thought it is a issue with my tunneling but now I also get it in any shallow (rideable depth) water. Disembark happens on a cart too - had it on a steep slope yesterday.

Btw in the tunnel I don't even need to steer to bug out and also the knarr stops on flat bottom until I push a steering button.

Edited by Jaz

Same issue here, fell about 4 times in under 30 minutes. Majority while turning.   Careful catching the winds!

Adding it back in to the buglist, thanks for all the details.

Twp separate instances, both whilst on my horse, both while going up slopes too steep to walk up on foot.

Also a new bug that when you get kicked off the ship at server crossing the ship spins around approx 180 degrees, really annoying.

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

Also a new bug that when you get kicked off the ship at server crossing the ship spins around approx 180 degrees, really annoying.

Yes, I've had this too - but only since the last patch. Swings anywhere from 90-180 degrees.

Same thing happened to me pressing the D key when sailing in my Cog

Been happening to me today. I keep getting kicked off my wagon. 

Still getting kicked off a horse then horse is misplaced so I need to relog to find it - happened when exiting a mine today.

[22:14:55] You leave the "N Woo". Holding A, happened quite a few times tonight.

Edited by cccdfern

I got kicked off my knarr 3 times on the way to rift today within about 15 minutes (all of those left turns holding the a key) and after that started playing around with turning a bit.

For what it's worth, when I started turning my knarr with only tapping the key. Like short enough of press to only get one letter if I was typing, I have so far not being forcibly disembarked. Only when holding the key for a bit longer. I did plenty of turning just to check that. Also on longer hold of key to turn, left seems to produce disembark more often than right. That is still only small sample not thousands of turns, more like hundreds, but at least in my case there was a trend.

I know it's not a good "workaround" for this problem. But at least shows potential difference on probability of being kicked off the harder turn you try to make vs. tiny adjustment of direction.

Also I've not being disembarked by game on horseback one single time. From cart several times. Especially when exiting mine and/or being close to mine wall.

Am still being disembarked on server crossings... and now when I cross I'm kicked off the boat, but it still says I'm embarked as captain.  If I swim a bit it gives the me the message i leave the boat.   The boat itself is facing backwards the whole time, if I simply embark again I'm so close to the border i barely have enough time to turn before I cross all over again.

It's been years, get this crap right already.

I still getting kicked off my knarr, occasionally, when turning...