Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Fazing out Fine Carpentry?

3 new racks, fishing, shield and saddle, are very similar to 3 existing racks, weapon, pole arm, armor. The 3 new racks are Carp, the 3 old racks are Fine Carp. The new racks should be Fine Carp also. If FC is too hard for new players, then get rid of it, turn them all to carp. Simplify more. Could get rid of ship building and weaponsmithing, too. More simplifying, removing sub skills.

• Like 1

Change all skills to Crafting, Resource gathering and Cooking. 

• Like 1

fc isn't too hard for new players - just have to make and imp a few barrels or carts or w/e to get fc up - do we really want it so easy new players are where others took months or weeks to get , on WU that just led to early boredom and quitting. And yes I agree new racks should be fc as well as the old type racks even though they are incredibly easy to make. I don't agree with any more simplifying than has already been done.

1 hour ago, Kelody said:

Could get rid of ship building and weaponsmithing, too.

Absolutely not.  

• Like 1

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. I'm just pointing out that subskills deserve love too.

• Like 2

Used to be that the very idea of Wurm, was all about choosing a few professions and being very good at them. It would take years for you to be a master of all.

I don't see why we have to remove certain skills. I'd be happy if actually there was more diversity ingame for skills and that being 90 in one skill gave better bonuses, thus making it worthwhile to have a specialization.

Certain subskills however are pointless. What's the point of preaching? Or weapon blades smithing? When you attach a longsword blade to a handle it still comes out at wep smithing ql.

I'd remove certain useless subskills and replace that value with some skills that players have been clamouring for years.

Nay to simplifying.  I don't want easy mode, I want 2012 Wurm.  3 new racks should be FC.

• Like 3

As soon as you start making the game easier and changing things that have worked well in past , people get bored and quit IMO. Ive played a lot of games that went that way 

but.. but.. QOL.. :D

just had to say it :)

3 hours ago, elentari said:

What's the point of preaching?

Preaching is pretty nice skill if you bother to grind it.

3 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Nay to simplifying.  I don't want easy mode, I want 2012 Wurm.  3 new racks should be FC.

Needs to be racksmithing skill

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, CreZ said:

Needs to be racksmithing skill

As long as the only way to grind it is the Wooden Shaft Rack, only craftable on Steam Servers.