Sign in to follow this  
moonpie

level to pile please?

We have dig to pile we have dredging to containers so why cant level have something that makes it make more sense

After all shoving 300kg of dirt in my pocket is about the same as putting it in a nice neat pile on the ground ready for pickup

• Like 6

+1 just asked this in CA this morning lol!

Edited by Yldrania

Should also be added the ability to level FROM a crate/wagon/cart/pile

• Like 3

I'd say it is because level is already abominably easy (we should just be using flat raising anyway). If you could level to pile you could just AFK away an entire hillside. Having to at least pay enough attention to drag items from your inv to a bsb every 8 dirt or whatever makes sure people are actually playing.

8 hours ago, CreZ said:

I'd say it is because level is already abominably easy (we should just be using flat raising anyway). If you could level to pile you could just AFK away an entire hillside. Having to at least pay enough attention to drag items from your inv to a bsb every 8 dirt or whatever makes sure people are actually playing.

But you can already level away an entire mountain side in an afk playstyle called strongwall mining and when you can carry 18+ dirt its afk anyway to me it just makes more sense to be able to level to pile like we can do dig to pile as why have one and not the other

You already give up emeralds and strange bones and skill gain to level vs dig so whats there to stop having level to pile really?

17 hours ago, Skatyna said:

Should also be added the ability to level FROM a crate/wagon/cart/pile

empty crate to pile

On 3/5/2020 at 3:54 PM, CreZ said:

now your just talking none sense. You can level only as long as your stamina lasts, that is about 2 minutes long on average for a skilled character. stamina runs out, action gets cancelled and you need to re-initiate it. cant even queue it up, as all the action queue would get busted due to no stamina regeneration in between the actions. So it is literally 1 action queue, 2 maybe 3 minutes long for a very skilled character. 

Now tell me, how is that different to 8 actions queue with 30 secs timer each totalling to 4 minutes of actions we can do on almost everything else? 

Having to drag the dirt in/out of the inventory every so often is literally annoying, its one of the reasons why we have dig to pile. It doesnt make sense that we cannot have level to/from pile same way. 

Edit: I also would like to add that leveling action basically gives no skill gain in comparison to regular digging and is mainly used in landscaping, aka building. So if we now have building bulk items that do not fail to create no more as a measure to help ppl build places, why cant we have a little QoL improvement in landscaping too?

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 1

+1 from me for this. I'd like to also point out that once the tile you're standing on has 100 dirt (or other items) on it, you can't keep dropping dirt to the pile anyway.

Limit it by something like 50+ digging or 70+ and its cool to go imo

and even that is anti alt measure, so even something like 30 tbh would work - one should't be able to plant 10 alts to level the same spot directly to the ground, unless he gets some experience in digging on all of them first.

Edited by nekoexmachina

On 3/6/2020 at 1:01 PM, Skatyna said:

now your just talking none sense. You can level only as long as your stamina lasts, that is about 2 minutes long on average for a skilled character. stamina runs out, action gets cancelled and you need to re-initiate it. cant even queue it up, as all the action queue would get busted due to no stamina regeneration in between the actions. So it is literally 1 action queue, 2 maybe 3 minutes long for a very skilled character.

i know for a fact that i can burn a 10min level timer with just a skill of 65 or so a decent chanted shovel and a method I've done it before many many times