Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Newbie only starting mini server

Make a mini start server with just green mobs and have the newbies play their first 48h (playtime) in it then be presented with a window to choose a start deed on the normal servers.

This way they are not in danger so can just learn the game and the 48h playtime running out will auto kick them to Inde if they dont pick a choice so they cant stay forever.

• Like 1

Does that mean every new toon has to spend 48hrs on another server before being able to go to one of the existing ones?

What about my friend who wants to start, and join me? Or my alt?

Doesnt sound very "open world" to me.

Edited by Nordlys

6 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

Does that mean every new toon has to spend 48hrs on another server before being able to go to one of the existing ones?

What about my friend who wants to start, and join me? Or my alt?

Doesnt sound very "open world" to me.

There would still be a portal thingy to choose a server sooner if chosen ofc.

Hm... I would be the kind of player that would take a short look around and would walk into the portal to see the "real deal" very fast... I dont think a lot of player want to stay long in a non persistent world.

Edited by Sirene

Just now, Sirene said:

Hm... I would be the kind of player that would take a short look around and would walk into the portal the "real deal" very fast... I dont think a lot of player want to stay long in a non persistent world.

They would get a choose a server pop-up after 48h of gameplay and if they dont choose anything they will be send to Inde.

So noone could stay there forever.

Teh server would be there to fill it with green only mobs and have the  newbies get some fight skill learn how to make healing covers, how to explore with no minimap, how to recover their corpse after sliding to death on a slope and have a more newbie focused ca-help.

They could also make newbie friendly events tehre like the slaying of a pheasant 🤓

Forcing new players to suffer a tutorial area for 2 whole days of playing time would not go over well, I can assure you. Well-meaning as it may be, preventing new players from diving right in would turn off many.

Are new players not able to stay safe for 48 hours at the current starter deeds? If not, surely the answer is making the existing starting points safer, not isolating and gatekeeping new players further?

What about simply giving newbies a stronger aura to prevent aggro for their first 48 hours?

Golden Valley was a nice place - not only for newbies ....

I like this idea but 48 hours is too short. We should make it so they can't leave there until they have 480 hours of playtime.