Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

Your Most Beloved Possession

silly-Copy-2.jpg

0.4kg happy accident

Edited by Johnston3
  • Like 3

My first 5 speed horse Allydance from 2014.

Hes got descendants on Pristine that still live to this day. 

Hes been through everything with me and got retired to the stables last year to live out his days.

• Like 2

On a deed founded on the first day of the server now called Independence, Everyones RL break lined up and a deed fell. For me everything was cleaned out but for what I carried on me. The only thing they left was an old 50kg large anvil with Spellcasts sig and my boats at a still standing satellite deed. That anvil will follow me anywhere I go, The only reminder of the 7 years at Insanity Hills. The deed was remade shortly after but the damage was done. And altho I've since moved, I cant bring myself to rename my boats from the IH prefix

• Like 1

I can't say it's a possession, but I'd say my friends.  I login everyday to some really great people.  Without friends this game is nothing.

• Like 5

This old lad! He's been with me for over 10 years. Survived my 2 burnouts and has been the most patient horse a man can ask for!

[] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It bears the mark of the rift. It has a mark of Valrei. 

NEWzO3L.png

Edited by neopherus
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, neopherus said:

This old lad! He's been with me for over 10 years. Survived my 2 burnouts and has been the most patient horse a man can ask for!

[] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has a certain spark in its eyes. It bears the mark of the rift. It has a mark of Valrei. 

NEWzO3L.png

What the heck are those marks?

3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

What the heck are those marks?

valrei mission spawned creatures have these marks

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finnn said:

valrei mission spawned creatures have these marks

Mission spawned horses? That's crazy.

It's not in-game but I won a house decorating contest years ago and received a brass pendant of Fo that was sent to me. I put it on my keychain and still have it to this day. 

Spoiler

T5xg28M.jpg

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Mission spawned horses? That's crazy.

odd bit is the traits on it

8 hours ago, Kegan said:

It's not in-game but I won a house decorating contest years ago and received a brass pendant of Fo that was sent to me. I put it on my keychain and still have it to this day. 

Hide contents

T5xg28M.jpg

wurm could use.. 3d printing phys item shop for characters/statuettes/statue/colossuses..

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

wurm could use.. 3d printing phys item shop for characters/statuettes/statue/colossuses..

You're going to cough up your address so they can send you physical goods?

1 hour ago, CreZ said:

Oh I don't know, that @Retrogradeguy seems kinda shady.

My old Wingjolly, a venerable black horse and the first one i ever owned in wurm.

He lives at Treehuggers Eden beside my Deed (they got a templar, you never know), has a nice cloth barding against the

cold and didn't left his safe haven since several years.

When he dies i sell Void  deinstall Wurm and never come back.

Edited by Beewolf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CreZ said:

3d printing is not rocket science.. it's actually not sure how expensive or NOT.. but it's really common service now... I'd GUESS.. that out there must be at least a few relatively cheap well known and quality proven services working world-wide or could be a thing with 2 companies.. for EU/US countries and players requesting from there... wurm could provide the 3d models and get a little something in the process of reselling their merch of this style.. while.. I am only guessing ... if somebody plays the game every day.. there must be a good few willing to buy a copy of their character preset printed in 3d format irl.. or deity statuette, hota, archaeology statue/ttes, etc.

Obviously.. with little bit of 3d modeling experience you can export your statue and print it any day.. or get a character spinned with a bit more work.. but that's unofficial fan-made content for yourself.. rather than service to offer for others if it's not CC-related.

As for the address, you'll be giving that to the other company printing and shipping the product you purchase.. not CC.

Edited by Finnn

Guys this is not supposed to be a discussion about 3D printing, this is for favorite items xD Let's keep it on topic please lol

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

Guys this is not supposed to be a discussion about 3D printing, this is for favorite items xD Let's keep it on topic please lol

moderators gotta moderate... no fun allowed

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CreZ said:

moderators gotta moderate... no fun allowed

I mean this already was a really nice, fun thread without the needless off topic discussion. 

• Like 2

Let's get back on topic eh? 

There's a pair of pretty special chairs on indy that very recently became one of the most important things I 'own' in game. 

Also my ally folk on Release aren't too bad ;)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Ehizellbob said:

There's a pair of pretty special chairs on indy that very recently became one of the most important things I 'own' in game. 

Special chairs? I can smell a story incoming!

23 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

Special chairs? I can smell a story incoming!

What can I say... The scenery is great :)

• Like 2

As a professional farmer, my beloved possession is my rare rake. With it, I´ve tended to Ks, and Ks, and Ks of crop tiles, for both myself and friends, plus also giving me nearly 1g in a few months of hours of farming. I can not live without it.

• Like 1

I'm gonna be the unoriginal guy, this:

dK7f4T4.png

• Like 4

In my case it's difficult to point at just one item and say "this one"... Got many such items but most of them are sentimental in one way or another, for example: settlement form with name of my oldest village, 0.4 kg butchering knife, rare rose, rare forge on my deed and several items with signatures of long inactive players.

• Like 2

Hmmm.....  not so much a possession within wurm... but chat logs of old. I tend to reminisce a lot......

• Like 4

Yes, @Yldrania, some of us are sentimental old fools. My most prized possession is my 8.13 QL clay jar used as my "canteen".

It was one of my first creations in Wurm. I wrote in another post that one of my early challenges was finding clay that seemed available. I found a section that fell in someone's perimeter and carefully dug a small amount. I worked and worked and worked that clay into a bowl and a jar. The bowl was to replace my starter one, lost somewhere in woods east of The Howl on Independence to the merciless, relentless pursuit of a wolf. The jar was new. It represented the ability to wander farther from shore, staying hydrated and keeping up my stamina. Leather and waterskins were the stuff of rich folk -- skilled hunters and crafters who could take down a creature, dress its carcass, make lye from ash, tan the hide and possessing fancy tools to work the leather into skins. I had my hands, a bit of clay and a couple of sticks carved with a dull pocket knife to shape the clay as best I could.

And I've never been able to let go of that jar. Once, in great haste, I left the bowl in a forge. And I couldn't return for several days! By the time I did, it was damaged. I grabbed it quickly and swore to never be so absent-minded and foolish again. It's with me still - next to the jar, in my main inventory.

• Like 2