Sign in to follow this  
rixk

Repair not lowering ql

After yesterdays patch repair doesn't lower ql any more.

had 5.84ql grooming brush at 30+ damage.. after repairs it was the same ql.

Tried with some other items too, the same, medi rug(1.something ql) at 5 dmg, also some random metal items at random dmg(mostly lower end damage tho).

Edited by rixk

Awesome for the much dreaded pottery :)

You mean penalty? Lowering ql was a feature.

Now removing it.. I don't know, especially, when imping increases the ql at chunks which you have no control of. So tired of stuff being "fixed", which isn't broken.

If repair doesn't remove quality, then the skill itself becomes pointless. No reward for high repair, no penalty for low repair.

Must be a bug.

Well repairing does take ql away for me, tried it now, guess it got fixed 

In the morning it still wasn't and there hasn't been any restarts meanwhile.
My theory is, that it is the 7.5% repair timer reduction, which is affecting it. At certain repair skill the repair timers get so short with the timer reduction, that it doesn't get to to the point, where it subtracts quality. Just a wild guess, haven't tested that, but I am afraid, those repair actions don't give skill either.

it happens when your repair timer is under 2 seconds. every second it takes ql off for some damage, and at 1 second of repairing left, the item is set to 0 dmg, but coz wurm timers are actually 0.9 seconds quicker than they show, when the vyn bonus takes repair timer to 1.8s, its 0.9 seconds, and it sets the item to 0 damage before any repair checks happen. you still need good repairing to not lose any ql for anything thats heavy or high diff to craft, and things like boats will lose ql no matter repairing and such. the higher your repairing is the higher the damage cap is you can repair without losing any ql at all.

just a case of not actually testing things that are added 😅

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Yep, I did have some old exquisite rugs, which gave me longer timers, those lowered the ql without problems. Funny thing is, on high ql/long timer items I wouldn't really want for the ql to go down, but on lower ql items it is useful at times.

Did steel items in the past have similar "bonus" to reduction of repair timer? I remember I noticed a while ago(even a year or so ago), that when I was using my steel staff, then repairing didn't lower its quality. Wasn't using it much, so didn't bother to even report it.

But for now I will just wait for the confirmation whether this current situation is working  as intended, or it is a bug.. then will see what I will do... repair alts ftw!

This bug has been in the game since the metal update and it is what has made steel and moonmetal items retain their QL more or less indefinitely for the past two years.  Now Vynora followers get it applied to every single repairable item.  So long as the bug exists, Vynora faith is an even more overpowered religion than it was before.

Please fix this.  Free me from the squid lady.

Edited by Noizhead

On 3/4/2020 at 10:20 AM, Ekcin said:

Awesome for the much dreaded pottery :)

IF only... vyn followers were blessed to be able to repair pottery items.............. but no.. lets get back to reality now.