Sign in to follow this  
CreZ

Animations lolwut

I have a few suggestions here in order:

1. Return the option to disable animations
  2. Reduce the frequency of idle animations
  3. Improve the quality of the animations and make them more relevant

My preference here would be to just be able to turn them off like I have since they were added. They don't contribute anything other than a distraction and a nuisance. If I can turn off game sounds or music why am I no longer allowed to turn these off? Will we lose that choice next?

It is actually much the same reason as the music getting annoying when you've heard it over and over. The jumping foal is cute... once. If I stand next to a foal it plays an animation every few seconds often jumping multple times in a row or maybe laying down and then standing back up before it has even finished laying down. One of my horses is shaking its head every two seconds on basically infnite loop, I think it might be possessed by evil spirits no matter what genesis says. If we have no choice but to have these they should at least be more spaced out and random in their occurence.

Lastly, when I walk with third person on it looks like there is a broomstick up my you know where. It reminds me of when I made my own dance in SecondLife rather than using something with actual motion capture. Honestly, I'd think it makes the game seem cheesy and campy rather than making for a better experience. Then lets add to that the fact that it keeps showing an animation of my horse grazing but its not conducting a grazing action. The animation is completely random and irrelevant. This has to be a bit misleading and confusing to new players who are going to think their horse is actually eating the grass when they leave it on a tree tile even though it will starve.

I'm sure as I experience more of these like beehives, tree chopping, and mob deaths I'll find more things that I find annoying but I'm pretty sure they'll all still fit into the three items above.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 4:47 PM, CreZ said:

This has to be a bit misleading and confusing to new players who are going to think their horse is actually eating the grass when they leave it on a tree tile even though it will starve.

Yep.

Beehives especially need to be slowed down by like 100x. I'm not sure why a container needs an idle animation at all mind you but if it were at least slightly subtle it wouldn't be so jarring and disruptive to the sense of immersion.

25 minutes ago, CreZ said:

Beehives so jarring and disruptive to the sense of immersion.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

-1 no..

why?: makes no sense.....

animations have setting to be almost completely shut off.. with the low-memory settings profile.. if not completely, you can lower it to almost nothing.. at which point.. you're basically playing in the lag-land where everything is stiff and dead, nothing moves, every creature of player is stuffed and just stands there, not moving and if it does.. it's literally a statue on wheels (remember the T-shaped characters.. creepy..)

So.. no.. this makes no sense.. unless you run the game on a potato pc ..and the potato does not like animations because it lags from them.

21 minutes ago, Finnn said:

-1 no..

why?: makes no sense.....

animations have setting to be almost completely shut off.. with the low-memory settings profile.. if not completely, you can lower it to almost nothing.. at which point.. you're basically playing in the lag-land where everything is stiff and dead, nothing moves, every creature of player is stuffed and just stands there, not moving and if it does.. it's literally a statue on wheels (remember the T-shaped characters.. creepy..)

So.. no.. this makes no sense.. unless you run the game on a potato pc ..and the potato does not like animations because it lags from them.

Umm, they removed the ability to disable them. The first item in my post is requesting that they give back that option.

3 hours ago, CreZ said:

Beehives especially need to be slowed down by like 100x. I'm not sure why a container needs an idle animation at all mind you but if it were at least slightly subtle it wouldn't be so jarring and disruptive to the sense of immersion.

You talk about immersion but then demand to be able to turn off all animations, how is everyone being a sliding statue immersive?

Immersion for me is being able to use my imagination to fit myself into the world presented to me. Things that tear me away from that destroy that sense of being there. I find it a lot less distracting to see sliding statues than jello hives, possessed horses, and see people walking about like they sat on a shortsword point up.

The biggest issue though isn't the quality (although I'm not a fan) but the frequency. Can you honestly tell me that you think they are well paced when its non stop random actions and every one of the options is gone through in a matter of a minute? I know I haven't spent much time around bison in real life but I can say with certainty that horses are not this crazed.

Actually the biggest issue is having the option to enable or disable them on each person's client in order to suit there taste removed. I'm perfectly content to ignore the issues if I don't have them thrown in my face regardless of my choice on a pre-existing setting.

Edited by CreZ