Sign in to follow this  
CreZ

[No Bug] Animations cannot be disabled

As title states the settings for animation quality: none and player animations: none are no longer being honored as of today's patches. I've verified that my settings have not changed and checked with legacy renderer as well. In all cases my horses keep moving around and my legs move when I walk. Please help!

D5FB8Mv.png

VemULGD.png

Unfortunately this is not a bug, it was an intentional decision to remove the no animations. 

this was done from a visual standpoint as minimum animations have little to no impact on performance 

I know I said this already in GL but I'll add it here for posterity as well.

It doesn't have to be about performance, there is also preference. Personally I find all that random (and repetitive) movement to be distracting and unpleasant. It also seems to happen excessively frequently from the few hours I've now experienced.

I can absolutely see not making effort to add such a setting but I am rather dismayed that it would be a decision to specifically remove our existing choice. Pulling it from the gui even but leaving the setting functional via console or text file for those who truly want it would be a nice middle ground. Though I really can't imagine that many people were turning off animations and then thinking gosh this game doesn't have any animations or that leading to a bad user experience.

</.02> (and as the old addage goes, "you get what you pay for", so I won't expect much return from it.)

Edited by CreZ
  • Like 1

i was sad becauce we not have old trolls view, it was more nice :P Troll.png

but now i'm very sad and dissapointed because of forcing me to look on animations :P 

Ah, one less reason to do rifts : |
Overlapping animated dogs are a nightmare