Sign in to follow this  
Brattygirl

[Bug] Cavalier Helmet - Imping issue???

I am not sure whether or not this is a bug. But the Cavalier Helmet is not impable. However it shows the object needed to imp it. I know most non impable items do not show anything. Pics below of Cavalier Helmet and an example of a non impable item. 

omSveo8.png

I'll add this to the list to see if we can get an answer.

10 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I'll add this to the list to see if we can get an answer.

Thank you Alectrys :)

I've not seen any answer yet.  If I get a response, I'll post it here.

Just wondering if there is any update on this? 

it is probably like horned helet, it was unimpable too

Does the Horned Helmet also show the item that can be used to imp? And with the addition of the Challenge helmets being added to the marks shop I assumed they would be impable. 

Anything that can't be crafted using normal crafting - is not improvable by default. There are some exceptions in the code but not for any of the fancy reward helmets.

It shows material because it knows what material could be used to improve it... but since it has no crafting skill associated and there's no special exception for that item - it doesn't know what skill would be used to improve it, so won't let you do it.

The relevant code is in MethodsItems.getImproveSkill if any WO dev wants to fix it :P

Bump. Just wondering if there can be any official clarification on this.

1 hour ago, brattygirl said:

Bump. Just wondering if there can be any official clarification on this.

It's not a bug. 

30 minutes ago, Alkhadias said:

It's not a bug. 

That might very well be the case. But then why does it show that it can be imped? When other non impable items do not. Was it originally supposed to be impable? Will it be impable in the future, since it can now be attained through the marks system? I was just hoping to get a response from one of the staff / developers about this. 

Daemon helmet is a reward one and is impable. Also, the same issue is with a spyglass - it shows imp item but is not impable. I think we should be able to imp these items are they are rewards for us, and souvenirs, not to mention they are unique. 

Edited by Platyna

We can imp troll clubs now so really, only fair these REWARD helmets get the same treatment.

For god sake devs, come on. Regardless of if they've changed hands from their original winners, they're still unique items with a long history. Help preserve them. Please.

• Like 1

Would be nice if they can be imped. I do not understand the reasoning as to why they can't be.