Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 03/MAR/20

24 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

Is there going to be another restart soon? I heard that the saddle and shield rack recipes will be added then but I don't want to wait another week to make them - tried everything I can think of to make them - do you need 70 plus fc ?

Yes, we will be performing a restart to apply fixes for this and a few other issues that cropped up. Currently waiting for fixes to be made an for any other major issues to show up before we burn a restart.

great thanks Keenan for the fast reply :) great updates btw :)

So no more 2 s alts or referral soon .

Are you planning to remove premium purchase also using ingame silver ?

Was reading foot notes at log in and seems to be that also .

Its true people were using the 2 s for surmon groups and such or make perma storage alt ..

See how this pans out ..

But nice adds to todays patch ..

1 hour ago, Samool said:

Traders currently cost 35s.

Sorry, was given incorrect information. Apparently it's LMC and trans rods that are 40s, where they used to be 37.50

5 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Sorry, was given incorrect information. Apparently it's LMC and trans rods that are 40s, where they used to be 37.50

I guess their “accounting for the changes” was a bit off. 

40 minutes ago, Damascus said:

So no more 2 s alts or referral soon .

Kinda silly. I think forcing "muh community" to everything is really not good. Once a person hits 100 faith, they're not likely to go back to a sermon group, so padding the numbers out with alts was never a bad idea. It hurt nobody. Can I see the need to adjust it since it's not being used for why they intended 100% of the time? Of course. Does a full removal seem justified? Jesus no.

Here's a better idea. Two weeks of prem, but you aren't exempt from inactivity deletion. Hell, even a week is better. Not everyone wants to pay money to try the full experience of the game. The argument of "well value" or "well you can do whatever but capped at 20" really isn't overly valid for a new player.

A new player will not sit there and think "oh well I pay the same for a month of WoW but I'm getting two months here"

They're gonna look and see "Well I have to pay 8 Euro to try this game out for two months. Ehhhhh"

tl;dr the glue on the waterpipe sometimes leaked so we ripped it off and replaced it with a bandage

• Like 5

Yeah the 2s for a month of prem was great for new players to come in, make a couple silver during there 'to 20' grind, and get hooked on prem. Happened all over my stream deed with the people I brought in.

Also, I was looking forward to a channeling grind that didn't involve so much absolute tedium.

In terms of economy, I was prepared to spend 18s on preming up nubbly priests for my grind. Now I will spend 0. *shrugs* Loss of revenue and/or silver drain for wurm. Doesn't seem like the best business decision imo.

Also, was this a total ninja change? I don't recall it in the discussion if coming changes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Since its inception the 2 silver introductory offer has not served the purpose it was originally designed to do, allow new players to fund their first premium time within the game.

But they served purpose, it was only semi sane way to grind channeling above 90 and to get to 100 faith in this huge ###### up that you call religion system ;) 

• Like 3

I found an issue that cropped up. Not sure if this has been mentioned already. Sorry if so.

But my 'Settlement info' window does not agree with my 'add to upkeep' window, as can be seen below...

BZHbkxx.jpg

One says upkeep will last over 97 days, the other one says I only got about 90 days upkeep in the coffers.

Just so long as you guys are fix'n stuff, maybe you can fix this too.

Thanks your time,

TeeeBOMB

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more characters
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kochinac said:

But they served purpose, it was only semi sane way to grind channeling above 90 and to get to 100 faith in this huge ###### up that you call religion system ;) 

Nah mate now we've got to find a bunch of other same faith priests and ask them to allow us to use their favour for hours a day in order to grind it in a tolerable way above a certain level

Just now, Madnath said:

Nah mate now we've got to find a bunch of other same faith priests and ask them to allow us to use their favour for hours a day in order to grind it in a tolerable way above a certain level

yeah right.

sorry but thats not my playstyle that they are constantly trying to push on me. Don't wanna play like that. don't wanna comune and talk with other people constantly or trying to combine with people but do it on my own leisure, but still be in mmo, i know some people simply cannot wrap their head around that idea...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kochinac said:

yeah right.

sorry but thats not my playstyle that they are constantly trying to push on me. Don't wanna play like that. don't wanna comune and talk with other people constantly or trying to combine with people but do it on my own leisure, but still be in mmo, i know some people simply cannot wrap their head around that idea...

Yeah basically how I feel at this point. I'm no hermit, but I'm not in some mad rush to organise or setup massive community things. We're moving away from the sandbox do whatever, to sandbox but putting you on some rails to do community stuff if you want some of the good benefits on offer.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change: Trader changes including placement on deed only. See list below.
    • Traders can only be placed on a deed and will disappear if the deed disbands or the trader ends up outside the deed tiles due to resizing.

Okay, this might work well on freedom, but some ppl play on epic or chaos, so if we have trader, our deed gets raided and drained to the point it happens to get disbanded so we loose the trader also?  If so, this makes the traders completely and utterly useless on pvp servers as paying 35s to get 20% back on upkeep that would be at best a saving of 1s a month would require to have the trader for nearly 3 years to break even.. and now ur saying if the deed gets drained its a poof? lol

Edited by Skatyna

they seem to be moving towards  same other generic games .

And the 2 silver was good , even if it was for 2 weeks premium , it let new players try the game out .

I dont want to pay 2 months to not play it after a couple weeks because the game is not what i am looking for .

And now with removal of referrals almost seems like there trying to kill off player base .. seems to many bean counters and not players making decesions for Wurms future .

And this was ninja add , not posting any intent before hand ?

1 minute ago, Skatyna said:

Okay, this might work well on freedom, but some ppl play on epic or chaos, so if we have trader, our deed gets raided and drained to the point it happens to get disbanded so we loose the trader also?  If so, this makes the traders completely and utterly useless on pvp servers..

Traders are pretty much useless now for what you pay for them ..

Guess they found a way to remove them totally one way or another  , ether by player disbanding deeds or  no longer buying them ..

20% off rent may be good for some people who have had them for ages now , but not worth to get one now .

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Damascus said:

20% off rent may be good for some people who have had them for ages now , but not worth to get one now .

Not everyone has a 1s a month deed, some people have HUGE deeds.... And that's who the devs are targeting with the 20% off, and if they already have one they've been milking for years (like a lot of veterans seem to have), they're essentially getting a upkeep discount after it was already fully paid off.

So lets do the math! 

10s a month deed: 2s off - 17.5 months till fully paid

20s a month deed: 4s off - 8.75 months till fully paid

30s a month deed: 6s off - 5.8 months till fully paid

40s a month deed: 8s off - 4.375 months till fully paid

ect...

People with small deeds aren't going to see the full potential of a trader. 

Edited by MrJonnyboy
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, kochinac said:

yeah right.

There goes my next 20s to spend as well - I definitely will not pay 80EUR instead.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Damascus said:

they seem to be moving towards  same other generic games .

Thats what i thought too. Seems like its just going towards the generic games trying to cash in as much profit as possible only. part of that im fine, as least one can expect things to happen faster once the game makes better profit, eg updates, improvements etc, however, other part of me thinks some areas are way over kill, like what they did with the trader. not saying that silver milking deeds were fine, they were not, as some ppl had multiple deeds purely to have the trader and make profit, so that had to go away, however making the trader cost now 35s with basically no benefit and a huge potential to loose it once the deed disbands, especially on pvp servers makes them completely useless. Not only that, but having trader by hand ppl used to buy other stuff like Resurrection stones etc from them making more revenue. Now no traders will ever be bought on pvp servers for the price they are at, at the level they are at, this will also impact other pvp related items being bought from them for the worse as you just wont go to starter town trader to get stuff you might need unless deffo needed what you have bough if the trader was nearby.

Edited by Skatyna

4 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

[...] making the trader cost now 35s with basically no benefit and a huge potential to loose it once the deed disbands, especially on pvp servers makes them completely useless. Not only that, but having trader by hand ppl used to buy other stuff like Resurrection stones etc from them making more revenue. Now no traders will ever be bought on pvp servers for the price they are at, at the level they are at, this will also impact other pvp related items being bought from them for the worse.

Very clearly the intention was a soft remove of the trader functionality. Devs did not want to raise another uproar to straight remove them. No real value for a huge starting cost which cannot be recovered in a foreseeable time unless you have an insane size deed.

8 minutes ago, Jaz said:

There goes my next 20s to spend as well - I definitely will not pay 80EUR instead.

Yeah same here, but it's also really killed any desire to grind the channeling on my Fo. I don't want to eat favour endlessly through veg for a grind, or leave my priest ages to regen enough favour for a single optimal cast for skillgain. That 20s for one round of accounts which I'd now have to buy the silver from the store, is now also losing a full priest account payed for every 2 months.

tl;dr 2 - meme inside

Spoiler

T1yCYvc.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madnath said:

Yeah same here, but it's also really killed any desire to grind the channeling on my Fo. I don't want to eat favour endlessly through veg for a grind, or leave my priest ages to regen enough favour for a single optimal cast for skillgain. That 20s for one round of accounts which I'd now have to buy the silver from the store, is now also losing a full priest account payed for every 2 months.

Hide contents

The idea not giving them protection from account deletion is good - or the alternate idea from a few weeks back where you could buy a shop item to act as your flock. That way it would still generate the so much anticipated income.

OMG THAAAAANKS! ❤️

• You can either use the regular control scheme (no change), rotate player with mount, or rotate mount towards the camera when moving

Now Im just annoyed that I didnt ask for this years ago. Such a great improvement! My playtime will skyrocket!

Vyn has no name on her mission on Indy:

yPjGzLK.png

2 hours ago, Jaz said:

The idea not giving them protection from account deletion is good - or the alternate idea from a few weeks back where you could buy a shop item to act as your flock. That way it would still generate the so much anticipated income.

The sad reality as I see it is that these suggestions will be ignored because they don't want to allow these weird grind ideas to live. We're not new players and we're not the majority who don't want high skills or play for skills.

9 hours ago, Madnath said:

The sad reality as I see it is that these suggestions will be ignored because they don't want to allow these weird grind ideas to live. We're not new players and we're not the majority who don't want high skills or play for skills.

Or just perhaps rework channeling/favor grind now that we no longer have the option of premming alts with 2 S.

It's a really long way for a priest, even with a sermon group. But without one? It's going to be one of the most grueling and burnout experiences in wurm without alts. While I do agree 2s alts were heavily spammed, especially for personal goals, I think we need to rework prayer/faith/channeling.

Not everyone can find a group easily, not everyone wants to stay on the same tile every day to grind stuff while others hold sermons.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this