Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Allow Deed Members to Place Tents On Deed

This is another one of those "PVE suffers from PVP rules".  On Freedom, can we please have the option to drop tents of all kinds on our deeds?  Tents make great asthetic items and it doesn't seem logical that members of a deed are not allowed to place a tent within the village.  At the very least, the mayor ought to be able to drop them.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, John said:

What do tents have to do with PvP?

Respawn location

• Like 1

You can put a tent on your deed with /suicide and letting the corpse decay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CreZ said:

You can put a tent on your deed with /suicide and letting the corpse decay.

Yes but you can't move it afterwards. And some of us might be wanting to use them for decorations... I know I'd like that lol

• Like 1

I cant think of a reason why we cant drop tents on deed. Oh noes, we might be able to respawn at a place we are able to respawn already! If anything tie it to a permission, like drop... oh wait, you already cannot drop anything on deeds without these permissions! Pass Gates maybe?

Why is this a thing on Freedom again?

4 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

I cant think of a reason why we cant drop tents on deed. Oh noes, we might be able to respawn at a place we are able to respawn already! If anything tie it to a permission, like drop... oh wait, you already cannot drop anything on deeds without these permissions! Pass Gates maybe?

Why is this a thing on Freedom again?

mayor cant clean up such kind of personal respawn item.. and ondeed it wont decay ever..

it could be made so... there's 3day-1week or month period after placement with protection... than the mayor to be able to 'recall'(remove) such... item can go straight back to character's inventory if the character is on the same server, else.. it could be mailed back to the person automatically.. or gets deleted from existence if there's no other option and it have been a month with it laying around..

This could be a thing only for villagers or people with permission to place a tent ondeed.. probably shouldn't be just allowed to do on any deed.. (imagine deeds near spawn towns.. all noobs will place tents at their most loved town/village and camp there.. 0 decay for tent, tower or templars to protect them... and they'll just deforest and spaghetti-mine near your place making all kinds of mess...

Do you still want somebody random to be just allowed to place a tent at your place?

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

mayor cant clean up such kind of personal respawn item.. and ondeed it wont decay ever..

it could be made so... there's 3day-1week or month period after placement with protection... than the mayor to be able to 'recall'(remove) such... item can go straight back to character's inventory if the character is on the same server, else.. it could be mailed back to the person automatically.. or gets deleted from existence if there's no other option and it have been a month with it laying around..

This could be a thing only for villagers or people with permission to place a tent ondeed.. probably shouldn't be just allowed to do on any deed.. (imagine deeds near spawn towns.. all noobs will place tents at their most loved town/village and camp there.. 0 decay for tent, tower or templars to protect them... and they'll just deforest and spaghetti-mine near your place making all kinds of mess...

Do you still want somebody random to be just allowed to place a tent at your place?

That's why I said tie it to permissions

7 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

If anything tie it to a permission,

The same problem could be said about merchants, yet we dont see our deeds full to the brim with random merchants. Why? That's right, they are tied to permissions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Finnn said:

Actually they do decay on deed. I can say this since I have one on deed using the /suicide method I mentioned earlier. It takes a long long time to decay though

+1. This is just a pointless restriction.

For the "mayors can't remove them" problem, there are a number of solutions...

1. Change the starter tents (specifically the starter ones) to continue to decay on deed.

2. Tie them to permissions as previously suggested.

3. Accelerate the decay rate of the tent if the owner is offline beyond a certain threshold number of days.

None of these would be difficult to code/implement.

• Like 1