Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: RMT Removal

Hopefully you don't lock or remove my thread due to your March 1st being sooner then my March 1st 😕  I'm GMT-5 so.... and simply stating "GMT" is very suggestive.

Edited by Nomadikhan

54 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Hopefully you don't lock or remove my thread due to your March 1st being sooner then my March 1st 😕  I'm GMT-5 so.... and simply stating "GMT" is very suggestive.

GMT is 5 hours ahead of GMT-5 ;)

2 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

It's ending at midnight GMT, March 1st, and is ending for everyone at the same time.

GMT is a fixed standard time, it does not vary according to where you live, even when you live in another time zone midnight GMT will occur at 00:00hrs GMT. So if you live in GMT+5 then midnight GMT will occur 5 hours before local midnight, or 20:00hrs GMT+5. Or if you’re in GMT-5 then it’ll be 05:00hrs GMT-5.

Edited by Zenity
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

and simply stating "GMT" is very suggestive.

???

On 2/29/2020 at 8:48 AM, Nomadikhan said:

and simply stating "GMT" is very suggestive.

startrek-picard-facepalm.jpg

On 3/1/2020 at 4:19 AM, Zenity said:

So if you live in GMT+5 then midnight GMT will occur 5 hours before local midnight, or 20:00hrs GMT+5. Or if you’re in GMT-5 then it’ll be 05:00hrs GMT-5.

No, I think you have you have that backwards.  If you are GMT+5 then your time is GMT time plus 5 hours therefore midnight GMT will be 5am local time.  If you are GMT -5 then at GMT midnight it is 19:00 the   Easterly is plus and westerly is minus, the sun's apparent travel is east to west, so for any given day it is later in the day in the east than it is in the west.  

I think by 

On 2/29/2020 at 11:48 PM, Nomadikhan said:

simply stating "GMT" is very suggestive

Nomadikhan was pointing out that the OP says only "1st of March 2020 GMT"  .  The "GMT" suggests that the time stated is GMT, but there is no time stated.  I think midnight would be implied, but it is true that it is not stated.

Sign in to follow this