Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

What to expect when you're expecting (The end of RMT)

Account Access Sharing

A ) At your own risk you may share access to your account with up to 2 other people without causing an account sharing violation.

B ) We do not allow account sharing or contracting with groups of 3 or more people.

(i.e. if you choose to risk sharing your account with up to two other people and one of them or yourself allows one more person to access your account, your account will be in violation of these rules and will be banned.)

That is clear and ok. But just a question: Assume I choose to share access to my account for some exceptional cases with 2 trustworthy friends and/or allies. Now one of them leaves the game permanently. May I (of course after change of password etc. ) allow another equally reliable person to access my account?

Edit: hope that is staying on topic

Edited by Ekcin

Also about account sharing, can I premium my friends account?

In the past when I was poor I had a friend who would premium my account so that i could play with them.. is that going to be an issue?

( if i premium my friends account I would be sharing it, evn if I don't play it much.)

Edited by Llawnroc

3 hours ago, Ekcin said:

That is clear and ok. But just a question: Assume I choose to share access to my account for some exceptional cases with 2 trustworthy friends and/or allies. Now one of them leaves the game permanently. May I (of course after change of password etc. ) allow another equally reliable person to access my account?

Edit: hope that is staying on topic

In my experience this should not be an issue given you don't continue to share your account with the initial one. Changing PW / etc shows a clear intention of separating yourself from the initial sharing and I am sure the GM team would consider it so. If you read the rules carefully, they say you are allowed to share with up to 2 people. It doesn't say that you can't change who those people are. Before, the part about "Trusted Friends" was the spirit of the rule, so this is to allow small circle of friends to be able to pass access of an account for specific purposes (village priest for example between two best friends). As long as the intention is not to circumvent the rule, the staff has no reason to go after you.

1 hour ago, Llawnroc said:

Also about account sharing, can I premium my friends account?

In the past when I was poor I had a friend who would premium my account so that i could play with them.. is that going to be an issue?

I don't see how could this be an issue. You are not sharing access to an account. You are simply logging into the website and paying. You aren't even accessing the account itself.

I realize you guys are asking for staff clarification, but I felt like sharing my opinion to see if I am right on track, so I would like to see a staff response too. I do feel like I have a good grasp of the spirit of the rule though!

The premium player count graph seems to like the changes so far.

wurm%20yearly%20prem%202020-03-02.png

The post announcing the end of RMT was made January 31. Granted, the graph is tiny so it's hard to estimate, but it looks like we gained 400 or so premiumed accounts this month.

• Like 7

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated (Wurm)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lisimba said:

The premium player count graph seems to like the changes so far.

wurm%20yearly%20prem%202020-03-02.png

The post announcing the end of RMT was made January 31. Granted, the graph is tiny so it's hard to estimate, but it looks like we gained 400 or so premiumed accounts this month.

That would be premiums for marks rewards.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LordLouis said:

That would be premiums for marks rewards.

True. A lot of people just premmed characters to collect rewards or check the points. Some were inactive, other just premmed the alts.

1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

True. A lot of people just premmed characters to collect rewards or check the points. Some were inactive, other just premmed the alts.

Yes, that explains something. But it does not explain the foundation of quite a lot of new settlements in the last weeks. Those players seem not to have shown up to go away like the pvp players who ruined Ele3. At least there are encourageing signs even if some RMT committed wurmians have bitter feelings.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Yes, that explains something. But it does not explain the foundation of quite a lot of new settlements in the last weeks. Those players seem not to have shown up to go away like the pvp players who ruined Ele3. At least there are encourageing signs even if some RMT committed wurmians have bitter feelings.

Per Niarja's data:

January saw 128 new settlements, 4.13 per day.

February saw 188 new settlements, 6.48 per day.

The last 10 days of February saw 56 new settlements, 5.6 per day.

The first day of March saw 12 new settlements. That was a Sunday though so it'd be above average busy anyway.

January saw 179 disbands, 5.77 per day.

February saw 283 disbands, 9.76 per day.

The last 10 days of February saw 65 disbands, 6.5 per day.

The first day of March saw 9 disbands.

There appears to be a lot of churn, February was a lot more active than January, especially at the start, and we have lost more settlements than we have gained so far, but it appears that the trend is changing. It'll be interesting to see the data in a week or two.

Just now, Lisimba said:

Per Niarja's data:

January saw 128 new settlements, 4.13 per day.

February saw 188 new settlements, 6.48 per day.

The last 10 days of February saw 56 new settlements, 5.6 per day.

The first day of March saw 12 new settlements. That was a Sunday though so it'd be above average busy anyway.

January saw 179 disbands, 5.77 per day.

February saw 283 disbands, 9.76 per day.

The last 10 days of February saw 65 disbands, 6.5 per day.

The first day of March saw 9 disbands.

There appears to be a lot of churn, February was a lot more active than January, especially at the start, and we have lost more settlements than we have gained so far, but it appears that the trend is changing. It'll be interesting to see the data in a week or two.

Settlement loss is irrelevant since all the trader deeds disbanding. They were just big empires owned by a small amount of people. 

• Like 2

when you have stuff like

fe1d92147966499a92ed9c33dcbae29f.png

number of deeds disbanded aren't an accurate indicator.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

when you have stuff like

fe1d92147966499a92ed9c33dcbae29f.png

Looks like a ton of trader deeds, now without RMT there is not much sense in having trader deeds.

Edited by Sklo:D

7 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

when you have stuff like

Right, and those:

Xanadu
Whitefay By Glasshollow Mark... Rokwhite 2020-02-18 10:56:00 PM

Xanadu
Summerholt By Glasshollow Ma... Roksummer

Xanadu

Vrock Landing By Glasshollow...Roknew2020-02-17 10:27:05 PM

Xanadu

Lormere By Glasshollow Marke...Roklor2020-02-17 09:45:19 PM

Xanadu

Linton By Glasshollow MarketRoklin2020-02-17 07:31:43 PM

Xanadu
Greymead By Glasshollow Mark... Rokgrey 2020-02-16 10:29:43 PM

Xanadu
Esteron By Glasshollow Marke... Rokglass 2020-02-16 09:31:22 PM

Xanadu
Newspring By Glasshollow Mar... Rok 2020-02-16 09:06:15 PM

more accurate were newfounded vs. upkeep disbanded. Even there, we had 10 disbands on Xan in January/February by a toxic casual player who is logged off since nearly a year. Those included, I counted 53 upkeep disbands on Xanadu 01-01 to date, versus 118 newly founded settlements.

Edited by Ekcin

Idk about you guys, but to me the game feels less intrusive without rmt. Yesterday I had a fellow Wurmian send me drake hide so I could combine it with mine for color. No worries, no hassle. Used it, sent it back, and all good. Its like people arent worried anymore that you may run away with their stuff.

Wonder why...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

Idk about you guys, but to me the game feels less intrusive without rmt. Yesterday I had a fellow Wurmian send me drake hide so I could combine it with mine for color. No worries, no hassle. Used it, sent it back, and all good. Its like people arent worried anymore that you may run away with their stuff.

Wonder why...

Personally, I think this has more to do with reputation and character, and less with the removal of RMT.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Xallo said:

Personally, I think this has more to do with reputation and character, and less with the removal of RMT.

I suppose, maybe its just wishful thinking.

On 3/1/2020 at 12:29 AM, Nomadikhan said:

Why not state a specific time like 4pm GMT so it takes effect on March 1st, everywhere, actually the same day

Because really the only time when it is actually the same day everywhere is midday GMT, meaning an semi-arbitrary and completely unintuitive cutover time for pretty much everyone outside GMT.  

Your 4pm on Sunday was not the same day everywhere; it was 7am Monday morning for me.  

Welcome to the world.

Probably not the thread for this, but since you're all talking data...Since January 2014, 19,279 deeds have been founded and 20,782 deeds have been disbanded.

QSFGq4B.png

---

F6CVE1h.png

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 1

I hope this provides a settlement to the debate

• Like 1
  • Cat 1