Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

What to expect when you're expecting (The end of RMT)

Greetings Wurmians!
As you know as of midnight on the 1st of March, 2020 (GMT) RMT will no longer be tolerated within the game and will be against game rules. Any information stating otherwise will be considered out of date, reporting it will allow us to correct the matter. 

We know this change may take some time to get used to but we do expect it to be followed. As such any attempts to sell anything via ingame chat for any money will be met with a request to avoid doing so. Continued actions or behaviour to promote RMT will result with moderation.

Posts elsewhere will also be removed for including RMT transactions as available options. 

As of the 1st of March we will reset the Discord market channel. We'll also be looking at reviewing past sales and threads involving RMT and whether we will take action on them. Any decisions to archive or remove part of the market threads history will be communicated with notice to remove or rewrite with no mention of RMT. 

Of course over the coming weeks these guidelines will firm up and attempts to sell via RMT will result in instant action, we appreciate you all adapting to these new rules as quickly as you will.

• Like 13

So I just tried to go modify all by recent auction bids to be in cookies (was considering sandstone) but I realized I can't modify a locked thread. Doesn't seem like much I can do to comply here. Please feel free to cookie up my history.

• Like 2

Buying all your silver for 10 cents per silver only today !

🙈

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CreZ said:

So I just tried to go modify all by recent auction bids to be in cookies (was considering sandstone) but I realized I can't modify a locked thread. Doesn't seem like much I can do to comply here. Please feel free to cookie up my history.

There's only what... a few thousand "WTB/WTS threads for euros that have been closed over the last ten years?  Have fun, Pandalet!  R.I.P.

• Like 2

Going by the official wording, I get 5 more hours when it hits "GMT" over there.  Please don't lock or remove my thread until that 5 hour has passed and it's officially Mar 1st here in Ohio, US.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

As you know as of the 1st of March, 2020 (GMT)

This is the same, no matter what time zone you have Nomadikhan.

But it's not the same, it won't be March 1st where I'm at when they kick it into effect.  Why not state a specific time like 4pm GMT so it takes effect on March 1st, everywhere, actually the same day.   I don't get this.  Why is it with Wurm things always feel half-assed.

This game is really not the Wurm I used to play and it's quite sad 😕

Edited by Nomadikhan

38 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Going by the official wording, I get 5 more hours when it hits "GMT" over there.  Please don't lock or remove my thread until that 5 hour has passed and it's officially Mar 1st here in Ohio, US.  Thanks!

You have a bit over 9hours left

check https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ and type in there.. 'gmt' you'll see the difference for example..

Edited by Finnn

10 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Why not state a specific time like 4pm GMT so it takes effect on March 1st, everywhere, actually the same day.  

They did. That's what 1st March 2020 (GMT) means.

When it turns 1st of March in Greenwich mean time zone.

So sale in BTC is alowed?? i think BTC is not real money.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pika said:

So sale in BTC is alowed?? i think BTC is not real money.

Anything outside the game, they repeated it like 100 times. So no bitcoins, gummybears or dirty socks included.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Anything outside the game, they repeated it like 100 times. So no bitcoins, gummybears or dirty socks included.

can you provide with link im not see this "Anything outside the game..." only "With this in mind we have made the tough decision of no longer allowing any and all RMT and account sales effective March 1st, 2020. This will include sales of silver, items for real life currency and account trades. " so what is RMT??

5 minutes ago, Pika said:

can you provide with link im not see this "Anything outside the game..." only "With this in mind we have made the tough decision of no longer allowing any and all RMT and account sales effective March 1st, 2020. This will include sales of silver, items for real life currency and account trades. " so what is RMT??

Purchasing any in game item with real life money is RMT.

5 minutes ago, Pika said:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pika said:

eb6.jpg

22 minutes ago, Pika said:

On 2/18/2020 at 7:56 PM, Enki said:

Here is the current draft of the new Account Rules.  These rules are not finalized and will likely be further refined before going into effect.

On 2/18/2020 at 7:56 PM, Enki said:

Account Security

A ) Keep your passwords secure at all times!  (You are solely responsible for the security of your accounts.)

B ) You are responsible for all activity on your accounts

Account / Item Sales

A ) We do not allow account selling, gifting, or transferring of any kind!

(Any accounts purchased pre-rmt will be considered owned by the person who purchased them) Own the email, Own the account!

B ) We do not allow any bartering for out of game assets.

C ) We do not offer support or service for any remedial action or loss that occurs for circumventing these rules.     

Punishment: Permanent ban of account!

Account Access Sharing

A ) At your own risk you may share access to your account with up to 2 other people without causing an account sharing violation.

B ) We do not allow account sharing or contracting with groups of 3 or more people.

(i.e. if you choose to risk sharing your account with up to two other people and one of them or yourself allows one more person to access your account, your account will be in violation of these rules and will be banned.)

C ) We do not allow accounts to be shared beyond the original account creator.

(i.e. if you choose to share access to your account with up to two other people and one of them allows one more person to access your account, even if you have stopped playing, your account will be in violation of these rules and will be banned.)

D ) We do not offer support or service for sharing and will not be held responsible for any remedial action or loss incurred if you circumvent these rules.

Punishment: First offense - 30 day account ban.  Second offense - Permanent ban of account

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 4

Now everything is clear. I have not seen it before in the game rules where I was looking for it 

Thank You

This is going to be interesting next few months .

Guessing Rolfs offsite place wont fly now , and who in staff plans to patrol places like Ebay and other such sites ?

Have a stock pile of popcorn just waiting for they banned me for no reason ... ....

They won't control it, they just introduced it couse it was Steam requirement.

If player A just drop 50s on the ground in game and then player B pick it up, you cannot check if B sent any money to player A paypal account. Same for many other cases.

Only thing that can be controlled is sharing of characters or changing of email accounts related to those characters.

14 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

They won't control it, they just introduced it couse it was Steam requirement.

If player A just drop 50s on the ground in game and then player B pick it up, you cannot check if B sent any money to player A paypal account. Same for many other cases.

Only thing that can be controlled is sharing of characters or changing of email accounts related to those characters.

I mean they definitely can. The company is allowed to do what they want when they want in terms of punishing an account, it would just take them getting enough potential evidence to avoid backlash. No mmo has a real system in place to detect RWT, but they can see signs of it, and continued signs would lead to action. Discussing how someone could be able to get away with RWT in the future isn't a great idea on the forums, but their main target is likely players who do it continuously. Someone dropping expensive items or 50s 3-4 times over the course of a few months is suspicious and likely grounds for them to take action.

• Like 2

though i have bought and sold silver in the past.

good, finally :)