Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Dye-able bridges

Are you tired of dullard bridges?

LF7DQuw.png

What about your grand design falling short of a bridge brighter than it is (and no ability to dye things lighter, seriously, that's not a thing, neutral is at 255, not 127)?

aZjYFC6.png

Introducing the concept of DYEABLE BRIDGES

z5gQc6U.png

With, like, the commonsense ideas like "only the creator can dye" (they're clearly tracked, only the creator can rename) and "why not include floors while we're at it" and "who even remembers what roofs are"

Consider bullying your local devs into slaving away for hours so we can have this today!

do not actually bully devs, consult common sense before use, terms and conditions apply

• Like 9

I agree totally! St Absy's cathedral looks like a dayglow eyesore with the bridges as they are and not matching the marble walls!! Please fix that and allow bridges to be dyed!!

And even if i didn't agree, stanlee said i did :)

[20:50:26] <Stanlee> I did it everyone post "this is the idea of the year" https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/174041-dye-able-bridges/

times are sad when your slate isn't dark enough. That poor bridge feels left out :(

9397f4dafe4c168507ebc812a543a711.jpg

8 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

So it will be like in circus?

Nope

wurm gives players the ability to customise pretty much everything else they've built. Why not bridges too. Plenty circus like deeds out there would benefit. Same logic applies, don't like it don't look at it.

• Like 1

I'd like bridges/walls/fences to all match, but also the ability to dye bridges!

2 hours ago, NeeNee said:

I'd like bridges/walls/fences to all match, but also the ability to dye bridges!

I second this. Make the bridges, walls and fences match in tone (and texture, please), and then also allow dying.

• Like 3

I am building a rather large castle city themed deed using rendered walls I intend to paint. I am using bridges extensively in areas, and really wanted to use rendered bridges as well but do not have the option to paint them to make them match the rendered walls when I paint them, so I'm using wooden bridges instead because they go well with the way I intend to do the walls. Being able to paint bridges though to match our walls would be fantastic for situations where bridges are part of the structure itself.  Even just for the fun of being able to paint a bridge whatever color we wanted would be fun, but especially in building situations would it come in handy.

• Like 1

1.  Only the creator can dye a bridge.

2.  The whole bridge must be the same color.

3.  "Pillar" buildings must match the color as well.

If all three of these conditions are met, +1 from me.

• Like 1

Totally support the cause!

Also to people who say it'd look like a circus: Ever been to an ingame event? Wurm IS a circus.

+1 We have a building on deed that is mismatched in color do to the bridges it contains. Would be awesome if we could remedy that issue.

yup, with the restrictions that Wargasm mentioned and changing the textures to match that style of wall, I'm a plus one on this

i dont no , i think a few colours only no over the top crap, basic stylish dull colours