Sign in to follow this  
Baloo

You are not allowed to do that / increase reach into and out of carts

Event message: "You are not allowed to do that."  when trying to take something out of my cart, which is already open.

Yes, I am allowed to do that, I am just not close enough to do so.

This is not only misinformation and confusing, but very annoying to say the least.

Thus, suggestion:  Please change this message to ready something like "you need to be closer to do that" or something similar.

Even better would be to increase the reach into and out of a cart, so that:

- if you can open the cart, you can take things out of it; and

- if you can kill a mob and open it, then you can butcher and bury it, without having to nearer to it.

- if you can open a bsb or a crate in a rack, you can take things out of it, etc.

The reach into and out of carts is now completely out of sync and needs attention - please!

These suggestion have been made many times, including the following:

• Like 4

+1

I've reported ... I think.... that it's stupid to be able to reach 2 things.. but unable to move them around... like A - you - B... and you can move stuff from inventory around from A -> inventory -> B.. but can not do A->B straight in 1 action.. makes no sense... if you have the reach... your position and reaching to the two should be taken into account.. 

That might seem like a small thing.. but often requires you to do extra dumb actions for simply moving stuff around :X 

Yeah the action ranges of everything needs to be normalized to a standard range.  If you can open it, you can move it, use it, mount it so on and so on.  It's these minor things why normal people look at us like we're crazy when trying to talk about this game.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Toma said:

Yeah the action ranges of everything needs to be normalized to a standard range.  If you can open it, you can move it, use it, mount it so on and so on.  It's these minor things why normal people look at us like we're crazy when trying to talk about this game.

It actually works like that.. if you can open it.. you can work with it.. well with the small wogic exceptions like.. you being unable to repair/improve items in your cart/wagon/goal on another deed if permissions do not allow it(it overrides your own container's ownership or w/e... while.. you can do stuff like that with items in inventory.. WOGIC...)

Case I had for example above is a bit different from what you mention.. difference is that you can work with 3 tiles and  while you're in the middle and able to reach whatever is on the next 2 tiles around you.. you can not just move items from 1 surrounding tile to another..(what's when .. whatever you can open, you can not exactly.. interact freely with.. and this error for range starts to drive you crazy.. forcing you to move items to your inventory.. than to the next tile/pile/box/raft/whatever..

This is quite a nuisance. Especially since it used to work just fine until they made a change some time ago. Would love to see it addressed.

I've had situations after that change where I couldnt reach my knarr from the passenger seat because it was across a tile or couldnt get to a pile of dirt on the same tile I was on because it was particularly steep. I think some of those may have been resolved but this whole class of errors is really quite frustrating when you can do some actions but not others. Then to make it worse, an unclear message, yay! And of course not being able to embark a cart on the same sloped tile as you because you aren't on the same level so its harder than ever to get yourself out of a pit...

I'm pretty sure there was some technical reason this was needed to avoid an undesirable or exploitable situation but even as an experienced player who knows what it means it happens too often and disturbs me every time.

Yea it was much nicer before the change ..very irritating now ..People who build a lot shouldn't have to deal with this 

i agree with the increasing the range they need to do it with wagons too it is so frustrating to be working on a building with my wagon have to move my wagon every two tiles because i moved out of range its a real nuisance.

Many times was able to open bsb from like 1-1,5 tile away and couldn't take what's inside.

Funny thing that you can put items in, from the distance, but cannot take them from the same distance.

Even worse, you can't work with what's just in front of you. You're not lagging, your position is updated, you're on your on deed, all is nice, you're on the same tile as what you want to work on and then ... "You are too far away to do that". Even though it worked perfectly well a second before and you didn't move! So, you end up moving the stuff on another tile to be able to work with it. That's quite irritating.

On 2/28/2020 at 12:25 PM, Baloo said:

Event message: "You are not allowed to do that."  when trying to take something out of my cart, which is already open.

Yes, I am allowed to do that, I am just not close enough to do so.

This is not only misinformation and confusing, but very annoying to say the least.

+1 Definitely agree with this!

On 3/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, Wilczan said:

Funny thing that you can put items in, from the distance, but cannot take them from the same distance.

Waste-bin basketball!  😅