Sign in to follow this  
Thalorane

A dangerous crack is starting to form...

I am getting this warning: "A dangerous crack is starting to form on the floor. You will have to find another way."

My deed is 1,065 dirts above the water.  I mined all the way down to the water level, and began opening up an area 140 dirts above the water.  At this elevation I found two adjacent dropshafts in the middle of the area I was opening up, and all the tiles surrounding the dropshafts give either a side shaft or dangerous crack mining warning.  My initial thought was that the floor of the dropshafts must be 254 dirts or higher than the floor I was mining at, so I went up to the surface, located the tile two tiles away from the dropshafts, and tunneled in. I was able to open a tunnel but the next tile in gave me the dangerous crack warning.

At this point I had received the dangerous crack warning when mining from both up high and down low.  So I mined in from another direction, at an elevation approximately halfway between the surface and the water. I can see the dropshaft immediately in front of me two tiles away.  Its floor is fairly close to my elevation and its ceiling is very high.  I received the dangerous crack warning at this elevation also.

I am wondering if the ceiling height of the dropshafts exceeds the max ceiling height, and if that is what is generating the mining warning.  If so, what options do I have to get rid of these two tiles?

Thanks -

you can make dropshafts thousands of dirt high, i've got one at my deed thats much bigger than the one you're trying to create, iirc you just kept mining when you get that message and a bunch of hits later you have a dropshaft, but who knows maybe they changed it without a patch note like they love to do.