Sign in to follow this  
Encrtia

Taming Requirements

Simple question from people who've successfully tamed Champion Crocodiles:

What level was your animal taming for lucky &/or reliable taming of Age Champ Crocs?

Looking at the Taming chart on the wiki. A normal Crocodile requires 40 taming. It shows that a black bear requires 20 while a champion black bear requires 45. Which is a 25 point increase. Using that I would guesstimate that you would need somewhere between 40 to 65 taming to tame a champion croc. Sorry it's not the best answer but hopefully it get's you closer to finding out the info :)

2 hours ago, brattygirl said:

Looking at the Taming chart on the wiki. A normal Crocodile requires 40 taming. It shows that a black bear requires 20 while a champion black bear requires 45. Which is a 25 point increase. Using that I would guesstimate that you would need somewhere between 40 to 65 taming to tame a champion croc. Sorry it's not the best answer but hopefully it get's you closer to finding out the info :)

lies lies all lies bratty

you are probably going to want 95 for a lousy tame because you are not going to get close at 75

my two cents

Edited by Johnston3

I appreciate the effort to try & help, but unfortunately, I'm already level 75, which is why I decided to ask 🤣

I was failing at a champ brown bear at something like 70 taming some years ago.  Not sure if they changed it, but I know that the wiki article is older than that.  For how much difficulty the champion trait adds, up the requirement by at least 30 it seemed on the brown bear.  Less useful champion animals seem like the trait does not matter as much.  My theory is that it scales in difficulty with toughness of the beast, and that champ crocs might be outright impossible.

Are champ crocs possible to tame at all?  I'd like to hear what other people have to say.

Champion crocodiles are tameable. They were used a fair bit last summer on Elevation. I think most folks who used them had at least 90 taming though.

pointless to tame champ crocks. ppl just charm them :) more than anything thats a pet exclusive to FO priests.. even with 90 taming skill, thats 99 effective on epic i cannot reliably tame champ crocks. 

Edited by Skatyna

Actually the curve on taming on epic was removed. It only applies to the level you can tame them to. Champ crocs can be tamed far less than 90 taming. But its rare.

with 90 taming you have around 10%chance to tame a young champ croc and around 3.5% for a mature one, venerable is 0.5%, most of your tames will be really low power and itll untame when it gets hit a few times or in an hour

charm runes/fo priests are your friend. the wiki is not your friend its just misleading.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

I have 99,91 taming and 42 soul strength and can not tame a venerable champion crocodile.

I try now and then with 20-30 attempts.

I assume i need higher Soul Strength to be able tame champion crocodile and champion unicorn

I caught it by using Charm as i am a Fo priest.