Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

[No Bug] Glow Rune changes item dye into glow color

I've attached a Decent Glow Rune on a statue previously painted red.

[09:45:13] A brass rune of Jackal has been attached, so it will have a decent glow

[09:45:13] A horrifying statue of a demon, complete with horns, claws, sharp teeth and mad piercing eyes. The statue of demon has been firmly secured to the ground by Yldrania. You can barely make out the signature of its maker, '.ik..'. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. Colors: R=241, G=9, B=9. Ql: 29.9959, Dam: 0.0.

Now instead of a red statue I have a red glow... I'm not sure this is intended or not but it doesn't seem right.

I thought this was by design? It was like that since the runes were introduced so i assumed it's a cool feature rather than bug. 

a836Cdk.jpg

b9FVi3Z.png

tnMC4Ut.jpg

• Like 4

It's been that way for years. I've glow runed and dyed lots of things. Would love to see an option like on boats, where we can separate the item color and the glow color.

Also, Locath, that is BEAUTIFUL! ❤️

Edited by DemonaNightshade
  • Like 1

If it's intended I apologize for making the thread of course, but it felt odd to me.

• Like 1

To be honest, i don't know if it is in fact a bug or not, i just like the way it works. I might be corrected by devs and we might learn that this is not the intended behavior. I hope it stays this way to be honest 🙂

this is how lamps/torches/lightsources work. I guess the light runes just went with the flow. Having the option for a light color and a dye one on the object would be great.

• Like 2

Just now, Odynn said:

this is how lamps/torches/lightsources work. I guess the light runes just went with the flow. Having the option for a light color and a dye one on the object would be great.

If this is the intended mechanic we have now, then I was going to make a suggestions thread for that. But for now I want to wait and see if this is a bug or feature so let's just wait for response before getting into discussion about this. It is a bug report, after all.

"Can we bug it?"

Color rune on a statue(or whatever object that works on..) than applying glow rune...   what's the result.. colored light or white light?

Also if the object is dyeable.. and we apply dye to it.. that should change it's light color.. but will that remove the color rune's effect?(at this point probably)

Please discuss the various possibilities of this feature in its proper suggestions thread, not in bug reports.