Sign in to follow this  
stt

impeach a king

how to impeach a king on the epic server?

this player has AFK, and the duel ring does not work. Is there any way to impeach this king?

I am the server creator

wurmzones db is where I would look, the king_era table holds that info, not sure if it is also stored elsewhere.

---== edit ==---

Having said that the game is 'supposed' to remove kings that haven't logged in for a real month time.

logger.log(Level.INFO, kingName + " has not logged in for a month. A new king for " + kingdomName + " will be found.");

I guess that code doesn't work?

Edited by Cuddles

24 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

wurmzones db is where I would look, the king_era table holds that info, not sure if it is also stored elsewhere.

---== edit ==---

Having said that the game is 'supposed' to remove kings that haven't logged in for a real month time.

logger.log(Level.INFO, kingName + " has not logged in for a month. A new king for " + kingdomName + " will be found.");

I guess that code doesn't work?

not work,have some id to fix this?

well you could just change the kindid to who ever you want to be king really, just make sure they actually belong to the correct kingdom, of course the royal items will still belong to the previous king and the new king won't have any royal items.

End of the day editing the db never does the full job and best results are from just adding in simple commands into a mod to do what you want.

This is why i keep saying every server should have someone who can do even simple mods.  *shrug*

After a kingdom leader has been absent for one month, the server should allow other players to take the test. Yes, you can edit the DBs to change that, but the way to do it properly would be to allow players to go to the appropriate test object, I.E Lady in the Lake or Cobra King, to challenge for leadership. This is assuming those objects have spawned on the server of course. I've not experimented with this yet, so I'm not sure which particular settings need to be active to spawn the kingmaker objects. I would assume PvP settings are needed, to allow multi kingdom, but I'm not certain if Epic and/or endgame items need be active as well.

16 hours ago, Zenity said:

After a kingdom leader has been absent for one month, the server should allow other players to take the test.

so,how to make it work again?

I don't recall the challenge of leadership ever working on WU, the duel rings have never worked anyway.

As for the lady of the lake and such they should be auto generated on a pvp server and that has always worked.

• Like 1

You can also summon the three kingdom kingmakers using GM powers as well, if the server does not generate them automatically, they need to be summoned because they are not objects, they are NPC's with a single specific purpose, that same as bartender and salesman.

16 hours ago, Zenity said:

the three kingdom kingmakers

generate them automatically now,but duel ring not work,and other players cant to take the test too,lol

His house and items still exist, as other players in his village continue to maintain it. Can I try to back up the database and then delete his records separately, although this may turn the king into an unknown. I don't know if this is feasible, I haven't tested it.

There is a difference between challenging the King for the leadership position, and using the a Kingmaker NPC’s like The Lady of the Lake, or Cobra King, I’ve never used the duel ring to fight for the leadership, but I assume the player would have to actually turn up to be challenged in that case, since challenging is a one on one battle between the two rivals for the position.

A king can choose to abdicate, leaving the rest of the kingdom without a king until a new one is chosen by visiting the appropriate NPC and taking the test, or be force abdicated by not logging in for a certain period, or by direct challenge from another player, of the three, abdication and challenge require the king to be logged in, only forced abdication doesn’t, but that means another player must be chosen by the kingmaker NPC.

It can be forced by database edit of course, but that may lead to unexpected consequences, I’d consider that a last resort if there’s no other way. It might be possible to edit the absent player’s password to allow another player to log in for them, by copying an existing player password into the field, then they can abdicate or lose the challenge in the absent player’s place, but use that with caution as well. (No, we don’t actually use passwords in WU, but the field still exists and is unique to a players Steam ID).

Trouble is stuff just doesn't work as it is intended to in WU.

The challenge ring literally does nothing, that is meant to set a challenge for king and if they don't turn up that is basically a loss, you should be able to kick out a king using the challenge ring using but it literally does nothing. The king is meant to be impeached if offline for more than 30 days, again it doesn't actually work.

Editing the DB manually will just end up causing issues.

I don't have a pvp server so make sure to test this on a test server before using it on live server, with GM 3+ in game type

/impeachking jk

/impeachking mr

/impeachking hots

obviously use the command for the kingdom you want, this 'should' remove the current king for that kingdom, then the items in game to try to become king (lady of the lake) will be active again and people can try to be king instead, keep in mind trying to be king has requirements and is random if accepted or not. This mod won't remove the kingly items from the current king but since they won't be a king anymore if they do log in then they "shouldn't" be able to use them.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjnBltNOSFjCgnuiPVjWpHK7eQyc?e=RGIQ5w

I still wonder if it’s not just simpler to ‘impersonate’ the king character by replacing the password field with a GM character password, it’s possible to take control of the GM characters on the Adventure server doing this, should be exactly the same doing it with any other server.

That way you just log in the character, abdicate and log it off again, keep a backup of the original password and replace that afterward and the original owner could even log in again in the future with no effects whatsoever, other than losing king.

7 hours ago, Zenity said:

There is a difference between challenging the King for the leadership position, and using the a Kingmaker NPC’s like The Lady of the Lake, or Cobra King, I’ve never used the duel ring to fight for the leadership, but I assume the player would have to actually turn up to be challenged in that case, since challenging is a one on one battle between the two rivals for the position.

A king can choose to abdicate, leaving the rest of the kingdom without a king until a new one is chosen by visiting the appropriate NPC and taking the test, or be force abdicated by not logging in for a certain period, or by direct challenge from another player, of the three, abdication and challenge require the king to be logged in, only forced abdication doesn’t, but that means another player must be chosen by the kingmaker NPC.

It can be forced by database edit of course, but that may lead to unexpected consequences, I’d consider that a last resort if there’s no other way. It might be possible to edit the absent player’s password to allow another player to log in for them, by copying an existing player password into the field, then they can abdicate or lose the challenge in the absent player’s place, but use that with caution as well. (No, we don’t actually use passwords in WU, but the field still exists and is unique to a players Steam ID).

I had to do this exact process (editing password) back on one of my servers around 2 years ago. Worked at the time.

• Like 1

First, replace kingsname and kingid in king_era
Second, find the royal items in the GM Interface and use #loadItem <wurmId> to get the royal items

Third, abdicate with the royal crown

No errors were found in the Kingdom History and Kingdom Region windows for the time being, and the election function was restored.

I don't know if the new king can be used normally, and there is no campaign success.😅

Thanks everyone for your help