Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

Loosen up on mailbox enchants

My suggestion is bound down to making it easier to either change a mailbox enchant, remove it or have duplicate mail enchants.

1: Be able to cast dark messenger on an already enchanted courier mailbox, and vice versa. If the mailbox already has 90 courier and your dark messenger hits 91 the dark messenger will succeed and change to that.

- This would be my favourite, as it will remove the lesser enchant and apply the best one automaticly. It also keeps the feature where you cant dispel a mailbox.

2: Be able to remove a mailbox enchant.

- This is also fair as dispel is cheap. It will also include the risk of people dispelling other mailboxes than their owns.

3: Be able to have several mailbox enchants. The highest will be the active one.

- This one can probably get messy in several ways, but it will get the job done. It also keeps the feature where you cant dispel, which i think is nice.

If this, for some reason, would be bad on PVP servers - make it a PVE change only.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 6

Since this is now essentially a Fo vs Lib fight for control of the mailbox cast and the castle/cottage/mansion/house is inhabited by imps perhaps this could somehow make use of exorcism skill?

• Like 1

4: Put a kilogram of garlic in the mailbox and let it decay. If that doesn't get the imps to evacuate, nothing will.

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

1 - ok, makes sense as both do the SAME THING

2 - probably need a good soup or broth of permissions to dispell a mailbox... else random priests could **** around with mailboxes... it's not a big deal.. but a priest able to cast the spell.. but could be several silver's cost to the ex-owner of that mailbox... #notFun

3 - no need of this one, unless there's a reason to have it... which in the OP does not exactly stick out.. (unless unable to dispell the box and casting 2nd enchant.. is the only option to make use of it and not bash a rare/supreme/legacy(santimental value)/etc.. mailbox

4 - too ez to 'dispell' something valuable of somebody else, joke or not

I have no knowledge in the art of coding. Thats why i like to give several options which pretty much gives the same result; be able to use both priests no matter the history of the mailbox.

I have a rare mailbox built by me and would like to up my 96courier. Few players, travel time etc makes it a no-go after a few weeks of randomly trying to buy it. Then my Lib priest with 90 channeling just stands there and is useless on that matter. If i only could dispel it, or up the cast..

Just realized that there could be just one mailbox enchant also.

Bump - now that we are doing all kinds of crazy stuff, how hard would this be to "fix"? :) 

interesting concept,

I like the idea of dispelling the best, but with removing the cast it imo should be the higher the cast on the mail box the harder the cast to remove.

then you have a nice clean mail box to cast on again.

In an ideal world we'd have permissions for the mailbox that could be set by the creator and one would be dispell but this would have a high implementation cost and raises other questions like should deeds override this. It also makes it substantially easier to make a 101+ mailbox without benediction but that might be an intended upside or downside depending who you ask.

Bump for 2021 to be the year where all mailboxes will get some love!

Dispel sounds scary, like an invitation for griefing. I think that the first option would be best. technically it might be difficult, but eh, that's why the programmers earn the big bucks

• Like 1

Yea, i find it quite ok that you cannot dispel a mailbox. But there should be an option to put the other mailbox enchant on an already enchanted mailbox.

Easiest way may just be to allow both enchants to be applied on one mailbox and the highest power wins.

This is an awesome idea. +1 Maybe have an option for the person who created the mailbox or a deed owner to dispel it as part of a mayors rights.

I would like the option to load my mailbox on a wagon and move it to another deed, not necessarily another server though.  Finding someone to do mailbox enchants in NFI takes weeks of begging and is quite expensive.  

• Like 1