Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Large Pottery Planters - Potted Trees.

Let us plant fruit trees/bushes in large planters.

1. Would add more to pottery

2. would fit into our theme.

3. would add more options for decorating deed and houses besides planted in ground which can be pretty ugly /doesnt work indoors.

4. would allow fruit  trees/bushes  in houses.

A couple limiters. Maybe the plants would never grow past the young or mature stage /stay small. So they couldnt be abused to gather fruit etc. or even possibly no fruit just a small graphic for decorating.

GXp4rz4.jpg

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 6

I would be happy with this even if a potted fruit tree became purely decorative. Imagine potted trees lining underground pathways... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CreZ said:

Silly question but how does this add to pottery?

Creation
Total materials
Result
  • Large planter
Skill and improvement

Naming was wrong i was thinking of a large pottery planter such as these.

GXp4rz4.jpg

• Like 3

+1 for decoration

-1 for fruit farming (which the OP addressed)

As a side note, I like the idea of being able to control the stage of growth of the tree, so I wouldn't have branches inside my house.

+1 Would love to add more greenery to the inside of my dwelling! Specially ones that add color via flowering.

+1 for decor and pottery and greenery

I don't even care about fruit farming - how is having your lemon trees in a planter any different than having your lemon trees in an orchard? Fruit people gonna fruit either way. 

Yes please!

Indoor, outdoor, or underground, pottery planters for large decorative "banzai" type miniature trees would be a fantastic addition.  Should only be for decoration/gardening skill. Maybe require occasional pruning to keep from over growing their container and dying out. I agree things like oaks and olive trees should not yield fruit, nor miniature maple trees sap, but small potted fruit trees should be allowed to yield fruit to some extent.  It is pretty common to find small potted fruit trees trimmed and trained to stay small that are bearing fruit.

Edited by Thalius
  • Like 1

I was thinking of this a few months back. I think it'd be nice if it allowed us to limit tree age, or slow the rate of aging.

These would be lovely! Could also be used to grow limes and lemons, as I've seen done IRL, but they would be lovely to have ondeed as a decoration as well. 

• Like 1

+1 as decorative option.

Would need a minimum QL to plant and if pottery decays too much, tree dies