Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

lag+disconnect+unable to reconnect issues that are plaguing people lately(Cele)

r5yyjnj.png

So for the last few weeks cele has been lagging a lot more then it used to be and since last week people have been having to use vpns to connect to wurm as it would randomly just stop working for them and today it hit me to leaving me with this after restart of the client with the only way to fix it being using a vpn which currently for me isnt viable to be used due to what i am doing so please can someone have a good look at it and see what is causing this to happen?

Also no this isnt my isp specific as it is happening to people in usa,au,nz,sa,uk so far as i know and it happens at random times of the day and sometimes its fine for some yet other times it doesnt

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Happened to me as well, was a 10-12 hour period of dealing with it.

Also happened to a multitude of others some lasting short periods some lasting longer periods.

Also the amount of random disconnects hitting sometimes all of someones toons and sometimes only 1/3 its getting slightly annoying to deal with.

So I touched on it previously, but it's network related:

I can ask keenan to see if it's anything celebration specific, but it will also be the first one moved mid march! 

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The bad news is it's due to the network of our host, Hetzner. We're taking steps to move away from Hetzner as a host and to AWS (Amazon Web Services) which should alleviate these issues. 

You can find more info on it here:

Just now, Retrograde said:

I can ask keenan to see if it's anything celebration specific, but it will also be the first one moved mid march! 

I figured it was networking related but cele does seem to be getting worse and worse with every few days that pass so something might be going on with cele that is worse then just something simple

@wipeoutmany people have claimed using vpns have alleviated the lag issue and they do not disconnect constantly. While it isn't a permanent solution, it is worth a try.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dskaggsgv said:

@wipeoutmany people have claimed using vpns have alleviated the lag issue and they do not disconnect constantly. While it isn't a permanent solution, it is worth a try.

I know but as i stated right now and most of the time when they happen i can not use one due to what i am doing at the time for example a stream or other games or work or whatever

Using a VPN totally fixes the issue.  I downloaded ProtonVPN and since using it, I have not had any connection issues at all.  I even connect using a USA-based connection point in ProtonVPN and I can run as many clients as I want and they do not have any bandwidth limitations.

Download ProtonVPN, install it, launch it, choose a connection point, launch Wurm, enjoy.

• Like 1

This started happening to me a couple days ago. Couldn't play at all. Every time I tried to give an input, it the server lagged out. I installed the VPN ^ and it seems to work for the moment.

Is there no other fix for this?

On 2/20/2020 at 11:42 AM, Retrograde said:

What are the chances to get a server status showing the status of individual servers as a side panel on the launcher?

Currently.. there's only that 2 words below login saying 'Servers online'(currently) I'd guess that turns to 'Servers offline' when they are in maintenance.. but that does now show any indication if homeserver is down separately... and somebody wants to login there.. there's no way to see if it's up or down.. have to skype/fb/discord/steam/etc... friends in the game or join game's discord to ask for status. 

There are a few web "artefacts" that are priceless for server status.. as there's currently no other mean to check for such information.