Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Missions need to be more balanced

Xanadu often has missions that are very hard to complete whereas the smaller servers have quite easy missions.

Currently on celebrations 2/18/20

qPnotNR.png

currently on Xanadu 2/18/20

WO9XSXc.png

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 2

all the easy missions get completed really fast on xan, whereas the traitor/ritual/tree ones often get left to time out, so most of the time on xan you'll see these mission types up all the time, which kinda sucks. they should really time out in a day if nobodys contributed at all instead of the week they stay up for atm.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 2

I guess that is probably the issues. Vague area specific missions on a server thats 16x several of them.

Probabaly should look into that but its xanadu so no one cares anymore the silver rush is done:P

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

all the easy missions get completed really fast on xan, whereas the traitor/ritual/tree ones often get left to time out, so most of the time on xan you'll see these mission types up all the time, which kinda sucks. they should really time out in a day if nobodys contributed at all instead of the week they stay up for atm.

You are right. On a smaller server, though, traitor, avatar, and special place missions are well feasible and are done often faster than craft/sac missions. On Xanadu, they are close to impossible due to the size of the continent (edit: and, all the anti-Xan hate rants notwithstanding, that is what I love with our Xanadu).

This is no complaint, just stating the facts. I am struggling with the goal as well, but if I want it done hard, I shall travel.

Edited by Ekcin

Is this a suggestion to make missions easier on Xan or a complaint that they're too hard? If it's not a suggestion please quote me so I can move this thread where it belongs :) 

12 hours ago, Yldrania said:

Is this a suggestion to make missions easier on Xan or a complaint that they're too hard? If it's not a suggestion please quote me so I can move this thread where it belongs :) 

I guess if its a suggestion it would be to either A. limit area specific missions to 1 at a time or B.Remove area specific (traitor/avatar/) missions form xanadu. 

One possible solution would be all servers have 3 missions 1 of them would be area specific. the other 2 could be crafting specific. (make those only reset once an hour even if they are completed quickly)

While im bringing up crafting specific missions they should also be items that can be picked up and put into a trash bin (i.e. no mailboxes/large chests /etc)

Bump: 2/20/2- 7 pm

here we are again : on Xanadu

I3gYxaT.png

Here we go : on Celebration

htmoQyM.png

Its basically 16x harder to complete missions on Xanadu due to size. 

Edited by Killroth