Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Clay objects should be able to be returned to lump

I have only really started on pottery, and it strikes me as odd that clay objects cannot be returned to clay lumps.  Really, since people have been making things out of lumps of clay they have been making those things back into lumps of clay to have another go at making a better thing.

The action couldn't be simpler: activate the hand, click on the clay object, create>lump.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I have only really started on pottery, and it strikes me as odd that clay objects cannot be returned to clay lumps.  Really, since people have been making things out of lumps of clay they have been making those things back into lumps of clay to have another go at making a better thing.

The action couldn't be simpler: activate the hand, click on the clay object, create>lump.

I'd say use water somehow to create clay out of unfired clay items.  I really don't like the whole 'hand as a tool' thing with pottery and wish it would just go away.  In fact I think I will suggest that as a separate thread.

cant wait to see somebody scrapping high ql/rare/supreme... item to clay pile

something that could work similar to smelting metal items. It does make sense

1 hour ago, Ehizellbob said:

something that could work similar to smelting metal items. It does make sense

aye.... as long unusual item is used... not hand as it's one of the 'tools' used to improve pottery items... easy to somehow misclick and cause irreversable action without wanting it...

mallet is common enough.. maybe slam the clay unfired item with a mallet to turn it to lump? (alternatively.. just make it be anything other than the normal tools pottery uses.. water/clay/clay shaper/spatula/hand)