Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Allow original owners to buy back toons even after the acc trade ban

Allow original owners to buy back toons even after the acc trade ban.

I mean those where the original ownership can be proven. I'm sure it can be done only on the grounds of individually examined by the GM team but I'm also sure it is not a huge number of cases for the entire future.

Buy back = Ingame silvers only of course.

It would be nice to give the niche chance for those who are returning to Wurm after a long - and apparently not permanent despite their plans - break. Or those who now sell themselves off before the account sales ban and later would think otherwise.

They need the luck to find the current owner of the accounts of course, but I think it would not hurt the game and economy badly. Just a QoL change for those who are affected and maybe to some of us who would welcome old friends back.

Disclaimer: no I'm not affected, never sold any accounts.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

+1 I would like this since my original account is missing in action

+1
I've never sold Clasin, but I'd be happy to see old friends back on their mains. 

• Like 1

+1 but I don't think this is will be possible due to the Steam rules and regulations?

2 minutes ago, Yldrania said:

+1 but I don't think this is will be possible due to the Steam rules and regulations?

We will still have the non-steam client and these toons are accessible through that one only anyway I guess.

EDIT: strictly non-RMT only of course.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

For the sake of returning players wanting their old toon back, I think there should be a way for both parties (owner and previous owner) to formally request permission from the Wurm team for an account transfer.

This would not be against the rules because it would be a special case, formally considered in their official capacity, on a case by case basis, you could limit it to one or two requests per year, maybe by a simple radio button selection in the /support form or similar form.

By providing this facility it keeps everything 'above board' and encourages old players to come back.

• Like 1

I can see the reasoning behind this but we will not be allowing any account transfers and have no plans to do so.

Whether it's for free, monetary compensation or otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I can see the reasoning behind this but we will not be allowing any account transfers and have no plans to do so.

What about name change?

We're not against name changes as a concept, and may look at something that provides the ability to do so within reason. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

If you want to keep any original accounts for your friends - buy it now and gift it to them. They can use it whenever (or if) they decide to come back.

-1 for the idea, let's not complicate it more

Edited by shakys
Moderation edit

Account ownership cannot be transferred. 

Gifts, sales, dowries, ownership is final as of the 1st of March and changes to that will lead to the account being banned. 

Okay, let's try again :).

Buy original account now and gift it now to your friend (before 1st of March). Obviously don't play on this account after 1st of March.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, archer said:

Okay, let's try again :).

Buy original account now and gift it now to your friend (before 1st of March). Obviously don't play on this account after 1st of March.

No crap, Its how it is without you suggesting this. There can be possibly be different scenario then buy and give NOW. Like in my case, i cant buy my old toon back because the owner is not active for a while now, thats about it.

9 minutes ago, Tor said:

No crap, Its how it is without you suggesting this. There can be possibly be different scenario then buy and give NOW. Like in my case, i cant buy my old toon back because the owner is not active for a while now, thats about it.

Hah, need to put in an option to buy it and deposit a fair price at a notarian ... :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Account ownership cannot be transferred. 

Gifts, sales, dowries, ownership is final as of the 1st of March and changes to that will lead to the account being banned. 

WAIT A MINUTE

Steam is against ownership transfer by gifting/'downies'(when somebody quits completely or for period of time but gives account to another to use/enjoy/whatever-the-case), or that is codeclub's decision?

What's the difference if two people share 1 account and that is permitted, but one of them takes a (regular wurm burnout)break for 1-24months, does that ensure a ban for the 1 person who's left to use the account exclusively than?

Also why was my post removed if it was on point.. with this question..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnn said:

WAIT A MINUTE

Steam is against ownership transfer by gifting/'downies'(when somebody quits completely or for period of time but gives account to another to use/enjoy/whatever-the-case), or that is codeclub's decision?

What's the difference if two people share 1 account and that is permitted, but one of them takes a (regular wurm burnout)break for 1-24months, does that ensure a ban for the 1 person who's left to use the account exclusively than?

Also why was my post removed if it was on point.. with this question..

As I understand it is okay to continue to use the account as an invited "guest" - but needs to stay on the same ownership aka email address.

Additionally.. Steam had some feature to share games with family.. not sure if that includes friends.. but pretty sure they had some family sharing for game accounts/ownership.. letting several accounts use 1 game.. either exclusively.. 1 at a time.. or maybe multiple at a time.. idk the details about that...

Does any of that somehow let people share wurm accounts/characters than?

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We're not against name changes as a concept, and may look at something that provides the ability to do so within reason. 

Oh, Kaloo Kalay!  This is fair news indeed!  I would like to rename my character to my decades old tag of choice if at all possible.  I can haz LowKey?

9 hours ago, Tor said:

Well, my original suggestion was different.

8 hours ago, Jaz said:

Hah, need to put in an option to buy it and deposit a fair price at a notarian ... :P

What about promissory notes or better - bills of exchange? Make the transaction now and pay with one of those when you ready! :D

Edited by shakys
Moderation edit