Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Curing Diseases

Just recently the topic came up in CA Help that diseases can be a real pain, especially during impalongs and sermon sessions, where closeness to other player characters and creatures cannot be avoided.

Recently, there is no way to cure a disease other than filling up and staying filled with food and water and staying clear of others (which both is an impossible mission during 24/7 sermons).

The proposal would be to create some medicine which is able to significantly shorten disease time even if unsufficiently fed/watered and close to others, and avoid reinfection at least for some time. The medicine should not be too easy to create, e.g. needing kilograms of herbs and the like, maybe some cooking ingredients as well making a new cooking recipe and serving NS and cooking. Rare herbs could play a substantial role, maybe be a prerequisite for successful creation.

• Like 1

I would definitely support this.

A few nights ago I was in the same situation and I wanted to go hunting. I had to afk on deed for 20 mins doing nothing until disease was gone so I could finally go out hunting.

I mean we have a Healing Skill that is only used atm for cotton/healing covers/salve.

Mixing some mouldy bread (or sammiches, fruits) with citric acid+ water could make a potion against disease. Which coincidentally isn't far off from how home-made penicilin is created.

• Like 2

if you sacrifice over 50 favor worth of stuff disease gets removed instantly, casting heal on yourself removes it too iirc, not that disease does anything to a player

should just be removed from players entirely imho

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

While I don't mind the realism of ocasionally getting a disease from being near a lot of mobs, it is kinda silly to get a disease from sitting on the same tile with 2 people.

I mean I know we don't have bathing in Wurm but come on, is every player suffering from a passive plague? :))

Or just remove it. At the moment, it's a pointless effect that just doesn't seem to add anything to the game except tedium to wait it out.

Didnt know about the 50 favor thing.

I thought that a disease with a high power actually negatively affected skillgain by % ? Not sure how many actually tested that.

I wish Humid Drizzle would cure players as well as the animals.

10 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

casting heal on yourself removes it too iirc,

Alas, that was removed a while back when heal was nerfed