Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

Why haven't I gained a single affinity?

I play a lot... I'm online pretty much 24/7 and my action counters are through the roof. I skill a lot, switch between grinding and building, and yet in all this time I haven't received a single affinity. I've been consecutively premium, so that can't be the reason... am I just incredibly unlucky or am I doing something wrong?

I have noticed certain toons get affinities much more then others and I like you have played and grinded alot to very few gained affinities.

• Like 1

I just got my first affinity from the new system recently. Its just really bad luck. I thought at first there was a bug with it, but confirmed through Retro and a Dev that there isnt a way for one person to get bugged and others not be. It just can take awhile for some people having really bad luck >_<

• Like 1

i hear if you drop a gold in the wishing well it increases your affinity chance

its just rng, same reason some people may have made some rare/supreme tool where some only get rare ore, rng just wasn't on your side. shorter timers increase the chance for an affinity, and having high skills/characteristics increases the chance of a 0-100 roll during the affinity window which increases chance slightly too.

same i have finally gotten an affinity in Body and Body strength and i think i picked one up in butchering, but i play alot, and see people who play half as much with three times the affinites

• Like 1

I've had these conversations about many different mechanics through my time in wurm and have always been assured that there is no way that a system can or will favour some toons over others, one of the biggest ones being who gets an affinity in pvp. Some accounts just seemed to walk in the sun while others were doomed to live in their shadows (shout out to my boy Cornchips) There was one case where I was assured that sharing a kill in a mission was completely random as to who got the points for it but I could prove which toon would always receive it over which other toons with 100% accuracy. It could completely come down to your playstyle not gelling with the best ways to get them but I certainly wouldn't rule out some accounts just sucking because I have seen it time and again for so called random chance based things.

• Like 1

I found my first affinity on Void when i was playing him for roughly 4 years already.

Some things takes time...